IC Savings has become one of Ontario’s most trusted and well-established credit unions, and our goal is to help our members achieve financial independence. We believe in investing in our communities, both financially and by being actively involved.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright and detail-oriented individual to join our team. Reporting to the Supervisor, Lending Services Adminsitration, the successful candidate will be an expert or specialist in all functions of the mortgage administration team and will assist with all aspects of departmental workflow.
- This person will be responsible for the following defined functions:
- Monitor and follow up on final solicitor reports within 10 days of funding.
- Audit funded files to ensure accuracy and completeness, following up on deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
- Ensure broker fees and commitment fees are disbursed promptly.
- Monitor the receipt of underwriter files from our credit centre.
- Merge the funding and underwriter files to ensure the final file is complete and all associated tracking sheets are accurate.
- Act as a secondary reviewer of all areas of mortgage administration.
- Monitor and maintain various departmental tracking sheets including, but not limited to, the discharge log, renewals, commercial reviews, fire insurance and file audit.
- Review and maintain shared-drive documents.
- Ensure information included in various documents –signed letters of commitment, line of credit and loan agreements and automatic funds transfer (ATF)– corresponds to the data posted in the banking system.
- Complete welcome letter to new members.
- Assist in efforts to obtain fire insurance policies.
- Process transactions on the mortgage system; that is, correct GL applied, posting payments), when warranted.
- Monitor the request of letters to be delivered by the property management services company (Procheck) when unable to contact the member, including delinquent files, past due maturity, etc., ensuring payments for services rendered are processed promptly.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Factors that will contribute to your success
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of work experience in the mortgage administration or lending role, in financial services.
- Post-secondary education with a focus on mortgages and real estate is considered an asset.
- Working proficiency of MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Prior experience using the DNA banking platform is considered an asset.
- Very good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Effective organizational, follow-up/follow-through, priority setting and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and work to strict deadlines.
- Very good attention to detail and able to quickly detect errors or omissions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a quick learner with an aptitude for grasping new knowledge.
- Must have strong work ethic skills; be self-motivated; take ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Very good interpersonal, training and team player skills.
- Excellent data entry skills and basic accounting skills (ability to balance cash and perform calculations).
Professional, team-oriented office environment.
Standard corporate business hours based on a 37.5-hour work week: Monday to Wednesday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm; ability to work overtime, if required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by being able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job; these include, but are not limited to sitting, considerable use of computer and phone, and seldom moving of items up to 25 pounds in weight.
5300 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON, M9B 1B2