At Kik, our mission is to be the best place to have meaning conversations with someone new.
Kik is a chat platform with millions of active users where people can chat with friends and connect with chat-based services. Founded in 2009, Kik Interactive, Inc. is headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario.
Created by Kik, Kin is a cryptocurrency that brings together a broad group of participants to create an open ecosystem of digital services that prioritizes consumer experience and choice. Our team in Tel Vive Israel is dedicated on Kin.
How we work
We have a high-performing engineering team that is tackling challenging problems and doing real impactful work. We organize our team in a small, cross-function squad structure. We build native Android and iOS applications. We have a micro-service architecture and we practise continuous integration. Our platform and applications run on AWS. We ship our code frequently.
About the role
We are hiring multiple people for this role, and looking for candidates who have a passion for mobile and enjoy developing in a constantly evolving, innovative environment. As an Android Developer at Kik, you’ll be leaving your mark by working on the Kik native client, the core of Kik Messenger, a product that is used by millions of people worldwide.
What you can expect
Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven squad team
- Collaborate closely with designers to build new features and iterate existing features
- Participating in entire SDLC within the squad from planning to completion, quarterly OKR setting, pitch new ideas, technical design, coding, architecture review
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Participate in hiring and CO-OP mentorship
- Live our team values of smart, nice and get stuff done
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining native Android apps at a scalable size
- You have strong Java background but willing to learn other technologies that we are using, Kotlin, gRPC, RxJava, Room, Protobuf, MVVM etc.
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to bring complex designs to reality
- You have strong understanding of separation of concerns when programming and designing
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
- The value we breathe everyday at Kik
- Smart is looking at all options
- Smart is making complex things simple
- Smart is encouraging others to challenge your ideas
- Nice is seeking to understand others
- Nice is working hard to find the win- win
- Nice is delivering feedback directly
GET STUFF DONE
- Getting stuff done is leaning in even when you disagree
- Getting stuff done is not being ok with good enough
- Getting stuff done is embracing the challenges and changes that come with being on the bleeding edge
- Generous Health, Drug and Dental benefits plans, including Family and Travel coverage
- Stock Options
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunches daily!
- Full stacked kitchen with healthy and yummy snacks
- Flexible Vacation: 3 weeks plus a 2-week shutdown in December!
- Fully equipped office gym with a shower and towel service, and fitness classes!
Kik Interactive Inc.