Morneau Shepell is the only human resources consulting and technology company that takes an integrative approach to employee assistance . . .
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Requirements Specialist (Bilingual)
Defined Contribution Pension Administration
Reporting to the Requirements Lead, the Requirements Specialist primary responsibility is the documentation of business requirements based on our current system capabilities and best practices. This includes the collection of clients' business needs, and subsequently the analysis and conversion into business requirements, to support the development, testing and delivery of highly customized technological solutions, for the administration of Defined Contribution Plans.
- Engages client and information technology stakeholders to collect and document detailed requirements Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis, and workflow analysis
- Understanding business process management and business requirements of the customers and translating them to specific software requirements, which may include process maps
- Leads validation process to ensure that the documented requirements satisfy customer needs and that they're clear, complete, correct, feasible, necessary, traceable, unambiguous and verifiable.
- Engages client and information technology stakeholders to define the goals, objectives, scope and benefits of projects / application enhancement releases
- Validates technical designs created by IT developers against business requirements and functional specifications
- Monitors and adapts plans in response to new ideas, changes to requirements and identified risks Supports implementation and testing team members by communicating and facilitating the interpretation of requirements
- Evaluates requirements ensuring their adherence to information technology policies and standards of Morneau Shepell
- Works with business and technical staff for the delivery of assigned projects to meet business objectives and requirements
- Facilitates business and functional requirements walkthroughs with the business partners
- Facilitates identification of improvement opportunities for increased efficiency, productivity, and competitive advantages
- Defines functional/nonfunctional requirements by proactively helping users and stakeholders to articulate the system capabilities they need to meet their business objectives
- Ability to visually represent requirements with non-textual media, including process models, workflows, tables, and prototypes.
- Facilitates requirements prioritization and establish the requirements baseline. Track the status of individual functional requirements as they progress from inception to verification in the integrated product
- Performs GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements
- Works with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Develops and maintain the framework for business process, business rule and business requirements development and management
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
Succeeding as a Requirements Specialist will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate / transform them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- The Requirements Specialist must possess good listening skills as well as presentation skills, and should be comfortable conducting interviews and discussions with clients and other stakeholders to collect information
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements like GUI, screen and interface designs
- Ability to develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- The Requirements Specialist role works closely with the technical team to test the solution, record and track technical issues and implement any needed changes.
- The Requirements Specialist should also be organized and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize the issues and challenges facing the industry and organization
- Communication skills such as interactive listening and understanding body language
- Asking the questions that generate the information needed
- Facilitating decision making and making decisions on your own
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be a Self-starter, be creative and have leadership qualities
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Networking and team building skills are required
- Very analytical and logical
Job Grade: MS3
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At Morneau Shepell, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
Find your fit with us.
Toronto, ON, Canada.