SnapTravel ($9.2MM USD raised) is the leader in conversational commerce. We believe that conducting commerce should be as s . . .
SnapTravel is a conversational commerce startup, allowing millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging.
We are working on complex problems within NLP (understanding and replying to ambiguous human messaging), Conversational Commerce (optimizing conversion and user behaviour over chat) and Machine Learning (choosing the best hotel automatically from a large data set with complex market dynamics) to push the boundaries of tech and travel globally.
SnapTravel has a high-performance, fast-moving culture where everyone works as a team with complete transparency. We value data-driven decisions, taking smart risks and always pushing for a more delightful user experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Operations Intern with 6-18 months of experience to join our growing Operations team. You will put your theoretical knowledge and education to the test as you support our Operations and Global Supply teams in tackling several critical operational challenges/projects across the org. Our Operations team is responsible for ensuring that millions of users around the world have a delightful experience booking their travel with SnapTravel, whether it be through streamlining processes, handling escalated customer experience issues, investigating new value-add partnerships or ensuring that our users are able to book the best possible hotel rates.
What You'll Work On
New Processes: you will help to ideate, pilot, test and roll-out new processes both internally and externally. These improvements will help us to streamline complex operations, optimize efficiency and fuel aggressive growth.
Analytics: you will dig into our vast amounts of data to help uncover low-hanging fruit and make recommendations to the team. This could include identifying opportunities for improvement within our Customer Experience teams, digging into anomalies and outliers, etc.
Operational Excellence: as we scale and grow >30% QoQ, you will spend the summer helping us to drive operational excellence across all teams. This could mean supporting leaders with reporting and presentations, helping to QA new product features, supporting with rigorous and accurate documentation of processes/procedures, etc.
- You are in college or university, pursuing an education in Business, Commerce or a similar field
- You are highly analytical, and comfortable using tools like Microsoft Excel and digging into data to provide insights/analysis
- You are versatile and flexible, with experience working in a fast-moving environment where you had to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- You are a high-performer, and seek to be the best in all that you do. You double-check your work and numbers, you have a rigorous approach to research and a bias for action.
What to Expect
- After applying, you'll receive an email with all of this info. So feel free to skip it for now.
- Review - you'll hear from us within 48 hours of applying
- Phone Call - a quick call to learn who you are (resumes suck, we want to know the real you!)
- Case Study - you will have a chance to see what this internship will be like by trying out a small case study, giving us insight into how you approach and solve a business problem
- Final Interview - meet with our Head of Operations and an Operations team member to present your case study, share more about yourself, learn about SnapTravel and fully understand our org and this role
Compensation: top of market salaries for Toronto!!
Top Talent: work with the best in the world, including Engineers and Leadership from Google, Facebook, Wish, Twitter, Asana, YouTube, Uber and more.
Build Something Great: most importantly, build a product used by millions around the world -- have ownership, have impact and do great work.
462 Wellington Street West, Suite 201, Toronto, ON, M5V 1E3