Position Summary...Lead Data Science and Analytics initiatives for Merchandising to drive improvement in key business performance metrics. This involves delivering sophisticated and scalable analytical insights and solutions that leverage Big Data to drive positive business impact.
What you'll do...
1. Lead the Design and Development of Scalable Best-In-Class Decision Support Solutions for current and future programs, such as Dead-Net-Profit Management, Channel Management, Assortment/Space Optimization, Store Availability, Inventory Control etc.
2. Enable effective and efficient decision-making using sophisticated analytical models that support a spectrum of tasks such as forecasting, budgeting, planning, cost-benefit analysis, etc.
3. Build Data Science capability for Merch-Ops by Identifying and Coaching key Skills, Talent
4. Thought-Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Ecommerce, Finance, Logistics, Marketing to gain alignment in project objectives, cost models, solution approaches and data needs
5. Project manage parallel work streams with cross-functional business and tech teams by effective planning, prioritization and problem-solving, to deliver technology-enabled tools within stipulated timelines
6 Define Technology roadmap and architecture in partnership with ISD Canada/International.
7 Act as a subject matter expert of Metric Design and Accuracy, to drive tangible business improvement and pro-actively identify critical business risks
8 Drive adoption of Machine Learning based models that automate decision making at highly granular levels to improve business performance.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Mississauga, ON, Canada.