What Is the Prescription For A Great Career?
At Rexall, we are community difference makers. Our hearts skip a beat when we meet talent who sees the bigger picture and wants to make an impact in our communities, our teams, and our business. This means finding even better ways to work, share ideas, and making a material difference in the Rexall journey.
We are leaders in health and wellness and a talent destination for over 7000+ Rexall team members. We are proud to be part of the McKesson family, ranked fifth in the fortune 500. Together, we are defining better health through innovation, service, and living the “ICARE” values. Talk about a dream team!
The road ahead is one of adventure and heart. Are you our next all star?
The Role: Category Manager
The Category Manager supports the development and implementation of category strategies to drive sales and profit growth for categories defined by senior management as most critical to achieving the annual financial and merchandising objectives for Corporate Stores.
- Review category budgets at a required frequency and report back to management remedial action required to achieve budget
- Manage the profitability of category sales for corporate stores nationally
- Liaise with all internal departments on pricing and invoicing issues for vendors and retail banners
- Promote the benefits of investing in DT retail banner stores to all vendors in the category portfolio
- Negotiate co-op rates and monitor revenues and expenses against budget
- Negotiate the annual trade agreements with all assigned vendors to maximize all Rexall revenue streams including co-op and over/above promotional activities.
- Develop and monitor category strategies and plans for all elements of the merchandising mix, i.e. product mix, pricing strategies, promotional mix, promotional events, corporate brand strategies .
- Establish pricing policies and monitor implementation to ensure compliance to Corporate policies.
- Research, determine and maintain optimal product mix for Planograms, i.e. core retail listings within portfolio
- Generate and monitor micro strategy data and disseminate information to pertinent staff.
- Liaise with Rexall Corporate Brands to assist in the development of Rexall Brand products
- Liaise with McKesson (in tandem with our McKesson liaison staff) to ensure all products and pricing arrangements are accurate
- Facilitate listings of new products and communicate product changes to Corporate Stores and DT.
- Schedule and contribute to periodic business reviews with pertinent vendors to monitor and track performance to date.
- Prepare and deliver special presentations to retail banner members
- Generate revenues for co-op advertising, including promotional flyers, proprietary magazines, special events
- Analyze AC Nielsen market data and home scan data to measure category trends to leverage opportunities and measure Rexall’s performance to market.
- Review and interpret vendor sponsored market research information.
- Develop and execute planograms as required to ensure Rexall’s sustainable growth in market.
- Constantly review and follow critical path schedules for promotional flyers and special event programs
- Manage promotional activities for flyers, in-store promotions and special events, in accordance with set schedules.
- Oversee editing of promotional flyers and make appropriate changes
- Negotiate vendor participation at annual DT buying show.
- Oversee communications to Corporate Stores and DT banner stores on all functional issues including planogram changes.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to Category Managers I, if required.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to all stakeholder inquires to address any issues
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Rexall Pharmacy Group Ltd.
- Required Skills
- University Degree in relevant discipline.
- 2 years relevant department management experience.
- 5+ years experience managing relevant product category
- Strong business acumen, ability to see big picture while juggling details
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent strategic planning and negotiation skills.
- Financial analysis and planning skills.
The Rexall DNA:
- Ready to make an impact- You are mission-driven and want to make a difference
- Builds consensus- Your people-first mindset shows in all that you do
- Embraces change- You move fast and change excites you
- Drives achievement- You are wired to always exceed your personal best
- Overcomes adversity- You see the world as glass half full and embrace a good challenge
- Trail blazer- You love creating the path forward and being able to shape the future
- Fun- You think laughter is the best medicine and your positive energy is contagious
Side effects may include…
- A closely connected culture
- Competitive compensation, pension, benefits, personal days, employee discounts, and vacation time
- Fully utilizing your talent
- Professional growth and development via challenging projects and assignments
- Warm and fuzzy feelings knowing you have helped your community, your team, the business and social causes through the Rexall Foundation
5965 Coopers Avenue, Mississauga, ON, L4Z 1R9