Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As a member of Manulife Indonesia Executive Team, the major responsibilities of this role include building a strong service culture across the Company, deploying customer centric solutions, ensuring that the Company achieves industry leading service standards measured against competitors’ benchmarks; meeting or exceeding service expectation of policyholders and all other distribution channels. These objectives are to be achieved with improved productivity, procedures and processes and strong compliance with all corporate and regulatory requirements. This position will supervise the Buy, Manage and Review for all business lines. It will also include Operations Delivery, Corporate Real Estate, Budget and Reporting, Project Management Office, and Business Transformation Office. For the avoidance of doubt this role will not manage Health operations relating to claims, hospital provider and network management and health claims fraud detection, prevention and investigation.
Transform the Operations Team and Customer Experience
- Lead the transformation of the Operations team by transforming the ownership of the customer experience in the Search/Buy, Manage & Review and Claims episodes.
- Leverage the Ways of Working under the Customer Experience transformation to deliver greater adoption of the digital tools provided as part of the Technology transformation towards micro services.
- In the search and buy customer episode, improve the adoption of E submission via E-POS, use of the auto underwriting engine, First premium digital payment and e contract.
- In Manage & Review, implement further improvements to the Minimum viable products of the CRM. Improve the Workforce Management capabilities of the contact Center. Deliver CWS and increase the usage of digital servicing with end to end capabilities.
- In cross episodic capabilities, increase the use of digital renewal premiums while reducing the cost of transactions. Improve messaging capabilities to enable customers better understanding of where they are in our processes. Leverage capabilities that have been made available regionally such as document portal, communications servers etc.
- Improve the squad and sprint efficacy by leveraging on Agile capabilities. Work with the regional CXT team to deepen the practice of Agile.
- Lead and drive the operational strategies and performance of Manulife Indonesia to ensure delivery of an optimum model that supports the organization's strategic aspirations and on-going quality BAU
- As a key role in the management teams of Manulife Indonesia, to give strategic direction to the in-country operations and delivery teams and take ownership in implementing projects on time, budget and quality; and formulate a strategic platform to sustain the organization's future development
Transform the Business as Usual Focus on Performance
- Cascade Performance metrics to all levels of the Operations organization
- Set goals that are linked between the front line of the organization and those of the enterprise
- Transform the performance mindset of every Operations staff towards visible performance and daily performance dialogues.
- Set in place a culture of team work, collaboration and continuous improvement. Ensure that the culture of performance transparency is matched with a culture of celebrating success and of helping the poorer performers achieve their best.
- Transform leadership mindset among Operations managers and cultivate leaders who can to motivate their staff as coaches.
- Improve employee engagement through the team’s self-motivation and empower them to resolve issues within their day to day interactions.
Strategy & Planning (Business, Technology and Digitization)
- Drive the strategic pillar of Expense Efficiency to achieve business growth, profitability, operating targets and maximize shareholder value. Focus on streamlining operations and improving efficiency through the close coordination and collaboration between IT, Project Delivery and Operations teams
- Act as a senior member of the strategic project including taking lead in business transformation role on a strategic project including corporate restructuring initiatives, and risk management projects.
Process, Policy and Procedures
- Ensure appropriate governance framework of Operations is in place within the organization and observed to maintain compliance to the group/ regulator's governance
- Provide Indonesia and regional management with timely and relevant information with management views on areas of responsibility, including regular management reports on progress against plans and budgets, quality, risks, issues and on key performance indicators
- Establish contractual servicing where appropriate to allow portfolio delivery to be achieved in alignment with financial budgets and procurement policies
- Promote execution services function and the Global Shared Service center (MBPS) to raise profile and uplift the team capabilities brought by the shared service center
- Oversee the progress of initiatives and overall programs towards delivering Manulife business benefits, providing strategic leadership and decision making to achieve the company-wide benefits
- Master degree or high ranking bachelor degree or equivalent in business administration or management discipline; with good track record of solid experience in managing operations.
- Proven experience of multi-vendor relationship and stakeholder management
- Extensive insurance industry knowledge and experience, including functional processes and business practices
- Expert knowledge of change management
- Good knowledge of business process and acumen
- Good experience in building high-performing teams and uplift of management capabilities
- Knowledge of Indonesia statutory/ regulatory regimes as well as challenges and restrictions
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and decision making by analyzing and interpreting data
- Strategic thought leaders with good sense of business transformation
- Able to engage with and influence senior business leaders
- Strategic visioning leadership
- Excellent communication, negotiation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Change agent with ability to challenge status quo constructively
- Good financial understanding and ability to assess risk on a profitable basis
Personal Attributes and Cultural Fit
- Develops, inspires and motivates others.
- Role models ethics and integrity.
- Ability to build a culture of respect.
- Highly effective change agent who embraces and leads management.
- Provides courageous advice.
- Results-driven; highly focused on accountability.
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivering excellent service balanced with appropriate risk management.
- Strategic perspective.
- Highly collaborative working style.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Toronto, ON, Canada