Also looking for
Security Guard -FT & PT $20/hr (Thunder Bay, ON)
Security Guard for DOWNTOWN TORONTO (Toronto, ON)
Security Guard - Windsor (Windsor, NS)
Security Guard - Part Time / Casual (Saskatoon, SK)
Security Guard - Government Buildings (Sudbury, ON)
City of Toronto
(Various locations) Security Guard Position
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
A G4S Canada Guards within our City of Toronto Respite division has duties and responsibilities beyond those of a regular guard. This job description assumes that the candidate has met the minimum G4S hiring requirements for Security Guards and has successfully passed all the pre- hire evaluations and requirements. In this role, the incumbent must be flexible to work shifts; days, evenings, nights on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. This role requires an understanding and general knowledge of modern day challenges in an "at risk" environment of communities.
We are currently seeking for Full-Time and Part -Time Security Guards with 1 year of Security experience to work at various Civic Center locations. The schedule may vary based on the site requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Manage high volumes of guests at various points throughout the property at highly attended events and/or performances
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents quietly and to quietly deescalate without impact to other guests
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Area Manager
- Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Ontario Provincial Security Guard license
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- Mandatory - must have 1 years of Security Experience
- Have full immunization in accordance with policy for the position
- Must be certified in AODA and WHMIS
- Knowledge of CCTV system function and basic computer skills
- Must maintain current defensive tactics certification, as required for contract. This may include: Restraint (Use of Force), Sharp/Edged Weapons Defense/ or Baton, Non Violent Crisis Intervention, and Emergency First Aid.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Superior customer service orientation
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations
- Ability to build relationships with fellow employees and client staff, with a focus on tact and diplomacy including conflict management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, the world's leading international security solutions group, a proud member of the UN Global Compact for Social Responsibility, and a supporter of Children’s Hospitals across Canada. By submitting your personal profile and resume, you consent to G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities you may be suitable for.
Job Types: Full-Time
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Toronto, ON, Canada