PNR RailWorks is Canada's largest and most experienced full-service railroad contractor. Founded in 1961, PNR RailWorks serves Canada t . . .
Reporting to the Operations Manager or designate, the Superintendent oversees and manages all phases of railway track construction and maintenance projects including coordinating workers, materials and equipment, supervising sub-contractors, ensuring that specifications are being followed and that work is completed safely, on schedule and within budget.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Structural Superintendent:
- Ensures work is performed safely and meets applicable quality standards
- Ensures adequate resources are in place including scheduling labour, equipment, materials.
- Performs in-depth review of drawings, designs and contract documentation to become familiar with all details, notes and requirements.
- Supervises assembly work and lifting operations
- Assigns work to the various crews. Responsible for productivity of workers and efficient use of materials and equipment
- Reports production quantities to the office and reviews labour productivity reports on a weekly basis. Monitors and adheres to established budgets for the job.
- Investigates alternative work methods and materials which will either improve efficiency and/or the quality of work performed.
- Monitors job schedules and coordinates sub-contractors’ work and suppliers’ deliveries and equipment needs, taking appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensures all field personnel comply with Company policies, project procedures, safety program and work rules, taking corrective action as necessary.
- The Superintendent will be on-site as well as in the office. Night shift and weekend work will be required. Rotational shift may be required.
General/Other Responsibilities of the Superintendent:
- Reviews and approves timesheets for accuracy, job coding, equipment, material, etc.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Acts as a liaison among owners, inspectors, staff and subcontractors.
- Assists with the preparation of written reports, safe work procedures and/or updates for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
- High School graduation plus post-secondary training in a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years recent related construction experience with focus on steel assembly and heavy lifts. Prior railway experience is preferred by not required.
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of material management and subcontract management.
- Track record of successfully executing projects on schedule and within budget.
- Valid CROR certification would be considered an asset
- Current First Aid, WHMIS would be considered an asset
- Valid and clean Drivers License.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong management skills and ability to motivate employees.
- Effective organizational, communication and client relations skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
- Ability to pass background checks including pre-employment drug screening.
- Availability to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Toronto, ON, Canada