BUILD IT by Design is a growing construction and project management company in Canada, which services clients across North America within the hospitality, retail, and ICI sector. We are looking to hire ambitious individuals who share our passion for excellence and can collaborate with us to provide our clients with the best construction experience.
- Produce an accurate scope of work for projects.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the estimating and pre-construction process, from estimate preparation, subcontractor solicitation, through to subcontract buyout / contracting.
- Work with project management and business development to determine budgeting, general conditions and strategic position for project opportunities being considered.
- Read, interpret and understand contract drawings and specifications, and maintain conformance with the same during work processes.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems
Skills & Experience
- Over 5 years of commercial construction estimating experience in a general contracting or construction environment.
- Construction, Engineering or Architectural degree or diploma.
- Knowledge of construction management, lump sum, and design-build contracts.
- Gold Seal Certification in estimating and/or Quantity Surveyor designation are assets.
- Strong relationships with local sub-trades and knowledge of local market conditions.
- Ability to pull apart drawings and technical specs with a solid understanding of trade scope of work.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in computerized estimating programs.
BUILD IT By Design welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Click here for more information.
BUILD IT By Design
1580 Trinity Drive, #10, Mississauga, ON, L5T 1L6