About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
Be Part of a top Pharmaceutical company with a global presence.
- Clean & Safe Work Environment.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Competitive Salary.
- Good Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick days, etc.
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- Staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- Modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- Robust self-assessment and screening tools
- Non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- Travel restrictions
- Strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
For up-to-date information about Apotex’s ongoing efforts in response to COVID-19, visit: https://www1.apotex.com/global/covid-19-update or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Responsible for performing general cleaning duties inside and outside of Apotex facilities as assigned. Areas inside the building include offices, washrooms, Locker change rooms, Production area, Warehouse and Laboratories. At the Etobicoke site, the buildings include the Engineering Site Office.
Outside the buildings, in winter, operate the snow blower and ice melter spreader, in conjunction with manually keeping the walkways, exits and entrances clear of ice and snow.
Clean offices which include dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing walls and windows. Remove garbage and recycling from the centralized areas.
Clean washrooms and change rooms and replenish supplies. (soaps, paper towels, hand cream, etc.)
Clean warehouse floors, shelves, walls and where applicable, any marks on the floor from the forklift wheels.
- GMP areas (Production, Packaging)
Clean the Good manufacturing Practices (GMP) areas, which include washing walls, stairs, ceilings and floors. Clean pails and drums and replenishing supplies.
Clean the cafeteria, including the food preparation area, freezers, coolers and storage areas. Remove Garbage and recycling materials as needed. Maintain coffee brewers as required.
- Clean the Laboratory and replenish supplies as required.
- Clean the Controlled Substances/CT vault and walk in refrigerator.
- Dispose of all garbage and recycling following proper procedures.
- Operate various cleaning machines including floor polisher, vacuums and floor scrubbing machines.
- Operate the compactors.
- Utilize standardized cleaning agents as trained.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and established safety standards (SWP).
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirement.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education;
- The ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Good command of the English language (ability to read, write and understand English);
- Good oral communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Previous cleaning experience preferred;
- Physically fit
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.