At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes in Canada. For most families, buying or selling a . . .
Our company culture and values are at the forefront of everything we do. Please see our CEO's note on culture to understand who we are and what's important to us.
Are you a builder? Are you ready to reimagine how real-estate works in Canada? Are you a creative, flexible and passionate self-starter that is excited by the possibilities of building a company? If so, we’d love to meet you and talk about a career at Properly.
At Properly, we're transforming the way people buy and sell homes. For most families, buying or selling a home is complicated, time-consuming and expensive. We believe it should be stress-free and instant. That’s why we’re building a platform that uses data science to determine exactly what a home is worth, our own capital to buy the home (in the matter of days), technology to sell the home quickly, and a dedicated team of professionals to support buyers and sellers every step of the way.
We’re founded by experienced operators (Uber, Blackberry, etc.) and funded by leading venture investors and angels including FJ Labs (investors in Airbnb, Dropbox, Alibaba and Uber), iNovia Capital, Max Ventures, Loric Ventures, and others. To learn more about Properly, view our website or recent feature by the CBC.
We are looking for our first Customer Experience Manager. In this role you’ll earn our customers’ trust and manage their experience from the first touchpoint to close. This role is based at Properly’s HQ in Toronto, where you’ll sit alongside our Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Product and Marketing teams.
As an early team member, you will have an unparalleled opportunity to shape the future of sales and customer experience at Properly. This also presents a rare opportunity to work cross-functionally on marketing campaigns and product development.
- You're the first impression of Properly that a customer will have; provide a warm, friendly, and confidence-inspiring experience that sets our customers up for success.
- Master a script and make it your own while speaking regularly with potential customers (mostly via phone).
- Understand customers’ needs, answer questions and help customers determine whether Properly will be a good fit for their sale.
- Triage inbound customer requests using Properly’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and ensure that no customer “falls through the cracks.”
- Execute follow-up communications to cultivate relationships with prospective customers as needed.
- Be the voice of the customer at Properly; make informed recommendations to Operations, Product, and Marketing teams on ways to improve our marketing, process and technology.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Empathetic: You’re a phenomenal listener, genuine, and care about our customers
- Friendly: You’re a true people-person who can talk to anyone, and you’re excited about spending the majority of your day speaking on the phone with customers
- Organized: You have strong time-management skills and are always on top of where you left the last conversation
- Adaptable: You’re a quick learner who thrives in a fast-changing environment
- Selling a home is deeply personal, and one of the largest transactions most people will make in their lifetime. As a result, high emotional intelligence and the ability to think quickly on your feet is extremely important to be successful in this role.
- Experience working in a role with sales or customer support focus
- You’re willing to shift your schedule to work some non-conventional hours (homeowners occasionally need to speak with us in the mornings, nights, and weekends)
- Experience in real estate is not required
325 Front Street West, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Y1