PERI Formwork Systems Inc. is seeking an energetic, motivated and driven individual to join the team at their Bolton office located at 45 Nixon Road, Bolton, ON L7E 1K1.
PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 7,000 employees worldwide. Our comprehensive product range is the basis for the most cost-effective solutions in concrete construction. PERI offers excellent engineering expertise, efficient logistics operations, practical instruction and construction site support, hands on training and exceptional technical documentation. PERI takes an avid interest in the growth and development of all employees as they are the driving force behind the company’s continued success.
The world of formwork and scaffolding is an exciting area in which to work, wherein employees are continually exposed to rewarding and enjoyable challenges that offer individuals the opportunity to develop unique and creative solutions for every type of project.
This is a permanent full-time position with a work week that consists of 40 hours per week and offers a comprehensive benefit package (medical and dental benefits, Life Insurance, Group Insurance, RRSP benefits, eligible for yearly bonus and overtime pay) and a salary of $55,000-$61,152.
- Develop formwork, shoring or scaffolding solutions for various kinds of concrete construction projects
- Perform static analyses to ensure optimal designs
- Produce the following engineering documents: design layout drawings, steel fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, design calculations, material lists
- Interact with PERI’s Technical Sales Consultants, customers and other design professionals in order to provide the most cost-effective design solutions
- Provide on-site support when required
- Visit job sites to review technical aspects of the project
- Design advanced wall formwork for high-end architectural finish
- Design high load shoring systems
- The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 years of experience in formwork design (structural engineering) and drafting with AutoCAD
- PERI product knowledge is an asset
- Experience working independently on major projects
- Advanced wall formwork design experience related to high-end architectural concrete finish
Design experience in concrete construction projects, such as parkades, hospitals, industrial buildings, harbors, and general infrastructure (an asset)
Formwork design experience for hydro generating infrastructure such as dams, draft tubes and power houses (an asset)
Outstanding organizational skills, drive, and the ability to prioritize
Fluent in English; exceptional communication skills; ability to speak, read, and write English
The ability to learn quickly and to work well independently in a fast paced environment
Strong problem solving and decision making skills
Strong computing skills in a variety of applications, including project management software
45 Nixon Road, Bolton, ON, L7E 1W2