The AIR MILES® Rewards Program has earned the trust and support of more than two-thirds of Canadian households. For over two decades, we have helped our Partners use Canada’s most widely accepted loyalty currency, AIR MILES® reward miles, to influence customer behavior, drive profitability, and build long-term relationships.
Check us out – LoyaltyOne on Stack Overflow | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook |Twitter
Engineering Team Culture:
We are polyglots: We believe in using the best tech stack for the job. We’ve written scripts in Python and built APIs in Scala, Java, Akka, and Node.js. We deploy everything to the Cloud.
We pair program: You pick your machine: Windows or Mac. Our floors are open space with no cubicles or private offices, regularly pair programming and mobbing when working. Teams have hack days at least once a month when they take a break to work on anything they want, and most of the time their creations end up in our production environment. Communication is key to our approach, and we don't want to hinder it with walls, real or metaphorical.
We are Agile: Development methodologies mean different things to different people. For us? We have a story card wall and release a few times a week. We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have a retrospective once a month to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. We surround teams with everything they need, Scrum Masters to coach us on the process, Product Owners to make sense of the work, Pod Leaders to help with our careers and Competency Leads to facilitate technical design and provide mentorship in advanced technical skills.
Types of projects we work on:
As part of the AM Next team, you will be building the next generation Air Miles Reward Program platform. This new Cloud-based platform will focus on quality and security while providing massive data scalability and real-time data ingestion, processing, and consumption. We are finding new ways of working that allow us to continuously improve delivery of value with high levels of cadence and quality.
What we look for in you:
- Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
- Focusing on building solutions utilizing an agile approach; leveraging close relationships with Product Managers, communicating and digesting real-time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on a daily basis.
- A passion for technology that understand data, API design and infrastructure concepts
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
Air Miles Perks:
- Hack Days: one day a month you work on projects that interest you to improve your craft
- Training: from hackathons to conferences, to instructor lead, building your competency is our priority
LoyaltyOne is part of the successful Alliance Data family of companies that provide the full range of data-driven loyalty, marketing and credit solutions in more than 80 locations across the globe.
Working with more than 100 leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including one of the leading coalition loyalty programs in the world, the AIR MILES® Reward Program, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
LoyaltyOne has broadened its horizons geographically by growing Precima in the European market. With the recent acquisition of BrandLoyalty in the Netherlands, LoyaltyOne has gained the expertise of a global leader in short-term loyalty campaigns, along with a client network that extends throughout Europe and Asia.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
438 University Ave., Toronto, ON, M5G 2L1