At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes in Canada. For most families, buying or selling a . . .
Our company culture and values are at the forefront of everything we do. Please see our CEO's note on culture to understand who we are and what's important to us.
Are you a builder? Are you ready to reimagine how residential real-estate works? Are you a creative, flexible, analytical and passionate self-starter that is excited by the possibilities of building a company? We’d love to meet you and talk about a career at Properly.
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes in Canada. For most families, buying or selling a home is complicated, time-consuming and expensive. We believe it should be stress-free and instant. That’s why we’re building a platform that uses data science to determine exactly what a home is worth, our own capital to buy the home (in the matter of days), technology to sell the home quickly, and a dedicated team of professionals to support buyers and sellers every step of the way.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing who will be central to the development of our marketing strategy and brand. Properly is like no other company in Canada, and you’ll play a lead role in communicating our unique story and offering to the market. Your job will be to build a scalable lead generation engine and refine the marketing and customer re-engagement funnels. You will also be responsible for leading the development and cultivation of our brand. Success will be measured based on the effectiveness that your marketing and communications strategy has in increasing lead volume while decreasing acquisition costs, increasing brand awareness and increasing positive brand association. This role reports directly to the CEO.
We’re founded by experienced operators (Uber, Blackberry, Wealthsimple, Mozilla, etc.) and funded by leading venture investors and angels including FJ Labs (investors in Airbnb, Dropbox, Alibaba and Uber), iNovia Capital, Max Ventures, Loric Ventures, and others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
Manage our entire marketing strategy, including:
- Set the positioning, marketing tone and creative direction to build Properly’s brand.
- Track and measure performance across all channels and work to increase conversion, improve lead quality and reduce acquisition cost.
- Plan and manage (either directly, with your team, or with external agencies) paid and organic campaigns on both online and offline channels including social, search, display, direct mail, radio, PR, etc.
- Refine our marketing mix by designing, conducting and analyzing the results of experiments across new and existing marketing channels (incl. TV, out of home, etc.).
- Build and develop a high performing team: Today, we have one team member managing performance marketing internally, but we expect that you will build, manage, and develop a team around you over the coming months.
- Recommend, hire and manage external agencies and consultants to drive results.
Required skills and characteristics:
- Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. We are seeking team members that want to grow and contribute here.
- You live and breathe great marketing, are an empathetic listener and understand that effective marketing requires a deep understanding of our customers.
- You are highly analytical, experiment-driven, and rigorously measure campaigns to gain insight and make improvements in conversion throughout the funnel.
- You have experience scaling a brand using multiple channels (e.g. Facebook, Google, direct mail, radio, TV, PR, etc.).
- You have experience building a brand architecture from scratch (brand positioning, visual ID, communication guidelines etc.).
- Ideally, you have helped create and lead media relations strategies either internally or with an agency.
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help the company succeed. This role will be a combination of strategy, leadership and execution.
- You have experience working with analytics teams, data scientists, and product managers.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate with senior leaders about marketing strategy, analytics, ROI and more based off a rapidly evolving strategy.
- You have at least five years of relevant experience, including at least two years of experience managing others in the context of building a consumer brand.
At Properly, you'll have:
- Top-of-market cash and equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities!
- 16 weeks parental leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members’ growth.
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto (Front and Blue Jays Way).
325 Front Street West, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Y1