Electrical Engineering Technician
At J. D. Irving, Limited we provide unlimited career opportunities in a team based collaborative environment, and help you achieve your professional goals through ongoing development opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement, and use leading edge technology. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and are proud supporters of our communities. Come join us to grow your career!
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking a motivated individual for the role of Electrical Engineering Technician in Doaktown, NB.
Why Choose this Job:
- Current and future opportunities to work in Atlantic Canada
- Requires someone who is hard working, energetic and motivated
- Dynamic career opportunities for growth and experience
- Part of a large, family-oriented, team environment
The Job Opportunity:
- Commitment to top performance in a safe work environment
- Supervision of electrical instruments
- Lead improvement of Maintenance Best Practices and Mill operating practices
- Availability for evenings and weekends when required
- Education Required:
- Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree in Industrial Engineering Tech or Electrical Engineering Tech
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract are essential
- 2-4 years of electrical experience
- Mechanical knowledge is required
- Experience with PLC and HMI programming Primarily RSLogix5000
- Ability to load and modify programs and configure controllers
- Strong ability to troubleshoot programming and field interfaces
- Ability to manage upgrades
- Experience with Variable frequency drives
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot
- Experience with OSI PI
- Advanced Networking experience
- Ability to interface with vendors to improve our process capability
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Brunswick, MD, United States