Summary of Responsibilities
The Facilitator/Job Development Coach works with the Employment team to provide employment and life skills related training and support to youth and young adult clients (in the Employment Now programs and other BGC employment programs) to learn duties and associated behaviours related to sustainable employment. The Facilitator/Job Development Coach markets Boys and Girls Clubs employment services to employers and eligible potential participants.
· Understands and works in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards set out by Boys & Girls Clubs of South Coast BC and various ministries to meet key performance measures and contractual outcomes.
· Develops and facilitates workshops, ensuring that curriculum and materials are updated, relevant, and meet the needs of participant groups and employer partners.
· Facilitates sector-based job search workshops to assist participants in designing self-marketing tools including resume development, cover letters, references, and interviewing techniques, etc.
· Facilitates workshops to assist participants with researching information and statistics including occupation profiles, emerging and declining sectors, education and training options.
· Assists participants with life skills, job finding strategies, and skills development through group settings and one-to-one support in settings across the region.
· Provides current employment related information such as labor market information, employment standards, and on-line job search strategies.
· Works with the employment team to develop, review and support participant action plans.
· Provides job development support and coaching on a scheduled and as-needed basis with individual participants.
· Introduces participants to online job search tools to access and generate job leads.
· Supports participants throughout the phases of the Employment Now Program, including the interview and employment decision-making process.
· Develops relationships with employers and provides participants with ongoing coaching and support to develop employment opportunities and ensure a positive experience.
· Arranges job interviews with Boys and Girls Clubs employer partners.
· Monitors post-employment success of participants to ensure outcomes are met.
· Ensures that accurate and up-to-date program and participant records are maintained and complete.
· In consultation with the Manager of Employment Services, monitors expenditures to ensure they are maintained within budgets.
· May work in other employment programs during high volumes and/or coverage needs as required.
· Other duties as required
Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
Delta, BC, Canada