In this position you will offer financial planning, wealth management solutions and customized plans for retirement, estate, trust and tax planning to members of our credit union. Attention will be paid to acquisition, retention and consolidation of assets with a particular focus on high net-worth individuals who have complex financial planning needs and investment portfolios valued at $250,000 or greater. Possessing strong knowledge of retail and business banking, you will be tasked with identifying and developing personal and business relationship opportunities with existing and new members. A competitive salary which may include a performance bonus based on level of experience and an attractive benefits package await the right candidate.
What You Will Do
- Complete simple needs analysis based on member’s individual investment profile, goals and objectives, preparing comprehensive financial plans and offering financial solutions and recommendations about diversified investment portfolios;
- Increase the profitability of portfolios by proactively establishing, developing and strengthening existing relationships with members through regular contact;
- Identify, acquire and develop new revenue opportunities with a focus on high net-worth members;
- Meet targets to grow wealth management assets, revenue growth and net new sales of IC Savings’ suite of investment products, which include mutual fund portfolios;
- Collaborate with the Branch Managers, other branch staff and divisions like Business Banking and Lending to identify potential referral sources and current and potential high net-worth members with financial planning needs;
- Conduct or organize educational seminars or information sessions on wealth management for the benefit of existing members, prospects and mutual fund representatives;
- Establish and maintain a network of strategic relationships, identifying influencers for referrals, within the communities and neighborhoods that we serve;
- Remain current on market trends, events and products;
- Adhere to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate is dynamic, ambitious and sales-driven. He/she will have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in financial planning at a senior level;
- College diploma or university degree in business, economics, finance or a related discipline;
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Mutual Funds License (IFIC);
- Designation as Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or Personal Financial Planner (PFP);
- Completed courses in advanced financial planning including Conducts & Practices Handbook and Wealth Management Essentials;
- Demonstrated ability to develop co-operative relationships and a strong referral network for client acquisition and business development,
- Strong organizational, presentation and English-language communication skills with proficiency in (spoken) Italian or Portuguese considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle.
- Working hours are based on a 37.5-hour week and Saturdays are on a rotating basis: Monday to Wednesday from 9 am to 5 pm, Thursday and Friday from 9 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 2 pm.
- Community relations and business development will involve after-hours activities.
- Regular travel to meet with members at various branches and/or locations is expected.
Open until filled
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumé by e-mail to email@example.com specifying “Financial Planner" in the subject line. All submissions to IC Savings are confidential.
IC Savings is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.