Also looking for
Senior Backend Software Engineer (Vancouver, BC)
Information Technology Vice-President (NOC 0013)
Ludare Games Group is a consortium of entrepreneurs that operate a network of ventures in the games ecosystem. We partner with genre-leading development studios and globally recognizable intellectual property to deliver world-class mobile entertainment experiences. As we expand and start new projects, we’re currently looking for a full-time, experienced IT VP to join our team and head up all projects and processes related to Information Technology in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidate will have extensive leadership and development experience in the IT and games industries; lead a team of IT staff working on both backend and frontend components of our game and game tech projects; help the scrum master plan and run the sprints; communicate effectively with the project stakeholders; and help drive each project to success.
● Lead recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with company and project budgetary objectives.
● Accountable for the delivery of technology solutions ensuring the delivery of quality, cost-effective solutions for our games, game architecture, and player databases.
● Participate in strategic and operational processes of all game and game tech projects.
● Take the lead in the development and implementation of technology solutions that support our games.
● Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
● Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
● Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
● Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
● Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing and in-house development.
● Incorporates broad knowledge to address complex, unusual, and critical issues.
● Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results for all our game and game tech projects. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities.
● Keep current with trends and issues in the IT and games industries, including current technologies, prices, and KPI benchmarks.
● Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external partners.
● Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer Information
systems, electrical engineering, or other relevant disciplines.
• 5+ years of senior management in directing IT operations is required.
• Innovative, strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision making
• Solid knowledge of emerging technologies and can apply them to the company's
critical organizational goals.
• Knowledgeable of project management with ability to provide effective and
• Experience in a project management capacity using software such as Jira.
• Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
• Attention to detail and organized, even in ambiguous environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Experience with game development would be an asset.
Thanks in advance to all those who apply. Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio
Location: #302 - 134 Abbott Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wage & Hour: 64.1$/hour, 30 hours/week
Ludare Games Group
#302 - 134 Abbott Street,, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2K4, Canada