At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As a Full Time Integrated Playout Supervisor reporting to the Manager of On-Air Operations, your role within Rogers is to ensure the quality of Sportsnet broadcasts to viewers. This is a key role in broadcast operations and the successful candidate will be leading a team that is responsible for the Master Control output of all Sportsnet channels.
What you'll do:
- Leading and providing direction to the operations team in Master Control.
- Monitor and maintain all audio & video broadcast signals for Sportsnet channels as well as Sports broadcasts on other services and platforms. (Quality Control)
- Investigating on-air issues and providing detailed discrepancy reports.
- Solving on-air problems and assisting the engineering team to trouble shoot technical issues.
- Working with Programming, Client Services, and Production on planning & problem solving.
- Adhere to all broadcast policies & procedures internal (Sportsnet) or external (CRTC).
What you'll bring:
- Experience in a Master Control Environment.
- Experienced with Imagine Automation in a server based environment.
- Good understanding of 4K and HD-SDI signal flows.
- Must be able to work well under the pressures of multiple live events in a multi-channel environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Shift work will be required.
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced broadcast environment.
- Strong knowledge of North American and European sports.
- Media Portal and VPMS experience.
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, QC, Management, Engineering, Quality
Toronto, ON, Canada