We Are Hiring!
THE WORLD MOVES FAST AND SO DO WE
Our focus on continuous improvement challenges our people to always think creatively and encourages them to learn from successes as well as from what didn’t work so well. We encourage our employees to get comfortable with the uncomfortable because that’s when the magic often happens. We don’t like “yes” people – we reward those who engage in honest discussion and debate. No room for wallflowers here.
We hire people that are smart, passionate and curious, and then give them the independence they need to flourish. Think you’ve got the chops? Read on.
Edelman Toronto is currently searching for a dynamic and talented graduate to join our Toronto office in a paid Internship position, working in our Brand Practice.
As an intern, you will be responsible for assisting client teams while learning the business of communications marketing. The emphasis will be on developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an accomplished Account Executive, able to assist in servicing clients. You will attend mandatory training sessions and also be responsible for your own development by becoming involved in activities to develop new skills.
As a member of this team, you will acquire "hands-on" communications marketing experience and exposure to areas such as: media relations, content production, special event planning, internal strategy sessions, and new business research.
As an entrepreneurial firm, Edelman seeks candidates who are eager to learn about our business and interested in working in a challenging and stimulating environment. We are seeking strategic thinkers with excellent oral and written communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and a firm commitment to Quality. Proficiency in Microsoft Word is a must. The internship program is open to recent graduates from university or college public relations programs who are looking to launch their career with an exciting and progressive firm.
- Your role is to develop the skills you need to become an Account Executive while supporting one or more client teams. In particular, Edelman expects you to:
- Always behave in a professional and ethical manner, while upholding the Edelman values of excellence, curiosity and courage
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures
- Manage your time effectively and efficiently and complete accurate timesheets
- Develop a knowledge of marketing and public relations
- Develop research skills to be used for existing and new business
- Participate in creative brainstorms
- Develop specific knowledge of the industries/practices within which you work
- Consolidate IT skills and become proficient in using all Edelman software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access Media database and Outlook
Key qualities required for a successful career with Edelman include:
- Post-graduate degree or diploma in marketing, public relations or communications
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Drive and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work well independently or within a team
- Ability to present ideas and concepts convincingly
- Creative flair
We offer you:
- personal development training throughout your career
- self-development – learning while doing
- coaching and mentoring from more experienced colleagues
- responsibility early on in your career
- opportunities to attend seminars and presentations by industry experts
- support for gaining industry qualifications
- interesting and challenging work with world-class clients
- a dynamic and supportive work environment
- a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package
150 Bloor St. West, Suite 300, Toronto, ON, M5S 2X9