Edelman Toronto is looking to hire a Junior Designer to create compelling visual concepts across a range of disciplines, platforms and channels. If you have a strong foundation in graphic design, know the power of simple, powerful communications, and are ready to expand your skills by working alongside seasoned creatives – this could be the role for you.
Our team is small but mighty, and is comprised of a talented, highly collaborative group of art directors, writers, designers and planners. To fit in, you will exhibit curiosity, agility and a collaborative nature. In a nutshell: we’re looking for a designer who willing to do what it takes to build your skills in a fast-paced, world-class agency setting.
- Presentation deck design & formatting
- Content development for digital and social platforms
- Digital and print advertising
- Identities and branding
- Marketing and sales collateral
- Front-end web/mobile design
- Data visualization/ infographics
- Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong foundational skills in graphic design and typography
- Proficiency in multi-tasking
- Ability (and willingness) to apply visual storytelling skills, to a mix of print, digital, social and video.
- A hawk-like eye for details.
- Insights into new media channels/formats and an understanding of how to incorporate them into campaigns.
- An above average appetite for the large volume of snacks that bombard the creative department on the daily.
What You Get in Return
- Ability to hone your skills on clients big and small.
- The chance to work at one of the world’s largest (and award winning) communications agencies.
- Mentorship under award-winning senior creatives
- Experience on a broad variety of client types, verticals and outputs.
- A flexible work life, and time off during the winter holidays.
- A desk in one of Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces in Canada and Best Workplaces for Women.
Did we mention snacks?
* You must have an online portfolio to be considered for this role.
- At least one year of relevant experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- A third level qualification in advertising, graphic design or a related discipline.
- A conceptual and collaborative nature, with strong verbal communication skills to defend and present your ideas.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
150 Bloor St. West, Suite 300, Toronto, ON, M5S 2X9