We Are Hiring!
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Lead Data Engineer, Enterprise Architect
Ingram Micro’s Data Science Lab is a diverse group of intellectually curious data enthusiasts working on some of the most challenging and complex problems in the B2B tech and ecommerce space. Our goal is to provide real world insights with immediate relevance to Ingram Micro’s business and more generally to the B2B tech distribution business. We work with cutting edge statistical, machine learning, econometric, and mathematical models to drive deep insights for Ingram Micro and our Global partners. We incubate new ideas and develop innovate products. We seek out and help drive what is hot in the industry. We are passionate about data, understanding what drives market dynamics and behavior, and developing nudge incentives.
- We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Lead Data Engineer/Architect with 7+ years of experience for our Global Data Infrastructure team. The candidate will be the lead Data Engineer – managing a growing international team of at least 6 direct reports and several indirect reports. The leader will have responsibilities ranging from sustaining current systems to developing the future state of the Enterprise Global Data Infrastructure to being effective team leader.
- Working with a diverse set of cross-functional teams, the Data Engineer will be a hands-on manager who will review and acquire an in-depth understanding of the current application landscape and technical architecture; sustain current infrastructure; actively perform technical work; identify opportunities for improvement; and lead the migration path from the current state to the future state.
- Expertise with complex architecture frameworks to support an organization with multiple business units, geographic areas and systems footprint across many technologies.
- Deep conceptual and technological understanding of contemporary architecture concepts, industry trends, and best practices.
- Ability to leverage knowledge to assess organizational needs, provide advice on the right solutions to business problems, and address business opportunities with immediate and long-term relevance.
- Ability to provide data integration services: acquire, cleanse, merge, validate, visualize and data mine.
- Strong people leadership skills with a proven record leading a team of data engineers.
- Technical experience with both on-prem and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Data warehousing management, database optimization, and administration experience.
- Experience building systems to transition from datasets ranging from gigabytes to terabytes.
- Experience with Big Data tech (e.g., Spark, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Presto, Sqoop, Hadoop, Impala).
- Implementation of the SLDC - development, test, and production environments.
- Implement industry best practices including document principles, policies, standards, and governance process; while considering security, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Evaluating systems: identifying infrastructure constraints, friction points, and implementing change to optimize and improve efficiency.
- Develop and maintain system design documents to illustrate current and future architecture.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering, Science and Math or related technical discipline required.
- Team leader – experience with multiple direct and indirect reports.
- 7+ years of experience in Design and Development with expert knowledge of DW Architecture and ETL Processes. Strong programming skills in ETL.
- Proven skill in data ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Load) - for extracting data from a specific source, applying transformation rules, and loading it into the data warehouse area.
- Knowledge of MSFT Data Stack
- Expert SQL skills (T-SQL, stored procedure programing, functions, triggers) and willingness to code.
- Experience or ability to learn sufficient C# and .NET
- Experience gathering and processing raw data (structured/unstructured) at scale, including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries on a variety of platforms, etc…
- System Administration/Architecture experience.
- Data Warehousing: expertise in relational databases/multidimensional data warehouse design
- Ability to diagnose and resolve system bottlenecks
- Experience in capacity planning for computation and storage needs
- Competency in developing solutions for diverse and complex business problems
- Proactive, initiative taker, possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A collaborative working style and ability to work independently in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments, manage multiple large projects
How to Stand Out
- MS degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Experience with SQL Server 2016
- Experience building SSIS packages in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience building systems to transition from datasets ranging from gigabytes to terabytes
- Implement Big Data technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Spark, Hbase, Presto, Sqoop, Hadoop, Impala, Spark)
- Knowledge of AWS Data Stack using S3, EMR, Data Pipeline
- Technical experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Project Management Skills and Tools
- Experience working in complex global environment
- Container tools experience with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Code Repositories such as: Git/Github, TFS, SVN/Subversion, or Perforce.
- Scripting using one of the following: Python, Bash, CMD, Power Shell, GoLang, , NodeJS, or Ruby.
Ingram Micro Canada