As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. Since 1960, millions of Canadians h . . .
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Manager, Data Governance
This position will report to the Director, Data Strategy, Governance and Sales Insights. Working with the Director and cross-functional teams, the Manager will be responsible for the development and support of a variety of Data Management and Governance initiatives.
The successful candidate must have an unwavering attention to detail, an insatiable desire to find answers, tolerance for ambiguity, and a proven track record of working with large teams and presenting complex concepts.
The Data Governance Manager will lead and manage all R4B-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing how key data elements are collected, stored and used.
The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to a Data Governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The Data Governance Manager will serve as a point of escalation for Governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and govern a Business Unit data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an R4B-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality through modifications of organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the R4B
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement
- Recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalant experience
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
330 Bloor St. East, Toronto, ON, M4W 1G9