Position Job Title: Manager, Financial Reporting
Location:University Canada West
Reports To: Finance Controller
The Manager, Financial Reporting will apply their financial and technical expertise to the management and financial reporting on monthly/term/annual basis. The Manager, Financial Reporting will also be responsible for supporting the tax and regulatory compliances. The Manager, Financial Reporting will monitor the team to ensure daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Work with Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis in reviewing the monthly financial statements and variance reports for all business units to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Working with team to ensure that reporting deadlines are met on a monthly basis.
- To ensure the financial statements are a true representation of operating activities.
- Preparing financial package to be presented to UCW Finance controller and ultimately to FinCo
- Preparing complete internal package for the year-end audit.
- Preparing tax packages.
- Preparing draft IFRS statements with accompanying notes as template for the auditors
- Overseeing all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining internal controls and safeguards for invoice approvals and cheque issuance.
- Preparing quarterly financial statements for senior management.
- Quarterly reporting requirements for various government programs.
- Maintaining and updating the accounting manual and be involved in staff training.
- Have solid IFRS experience
- Have solid experience with financial statements, external reporting, fixed assets
- Have excellent financial modelling skills (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.) and generally strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable communicating with the C-Suite.
- Exceptional attention to detail
· Be a self-starter and team player
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or a relevant discipline
- CPA, CA (preference working for a mid-cap public organization), experience in education industry is preferred but not required.
- 5 years of related experience in post-secondary education institution or related environment
University Canada West provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
University Canada West
Metro Vancouver Regional District, BC, Canada