Join the Rodan team – a great place to work! That’s why we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 3 years in a row.
Rodan Energy is a leading North American energy management company delivering innovative solutions to large commercial and industrial energy users, as well as power distribution and generation companies. Our expertise in metering, distributed energy and energy intelligence allows our customers to reduce energy costs, ensure compliance with complex rules and standards, enhance power system reliability and help develop a sustainable energy future.
As our Manager, Operations & Field Services, you will employ your excellent leadership skills in guiding a highly skilled team of metering, electrical, communications, market and data experts in delivering or supporting Rodan’s Demand Response, Meter Service Provider, Facility Intelligence, and Distributed Energy Resources (DER) solutions. Your agility will allow you to resolve challenges for our clients in effective and innovative ways. You will maintain a clear culture of safety through your actions and your words. Your business sense and skills will help you to enjoy working at Rodan as the company continues to aggressively grow and looks to all leaders in the business to participate in the dialogue and activities of growth.
• Attract, retain and develop expert team members in the fields of metering, telecommunications, data, and electricity systems/markets
• Distribution of work assignments to ensure optimal utilization of team members and contractors in resourcing projects
• Oversee or establish project plans for engineering, equipment, installation, customer care and ongoing maintenance to ensure the needs of clients are met
• Monitor and manage project resources and deliverables to ensure complete and accurate solutions delivered in a safe manner on time and on budget
• Ensure work procedure documents and safety standards are followed and update as necessary to conform with changing safety legislation or client requirements
• Provide proper training, direction and supervision to a province-wide team of technicians
• Responsible for Health & Safety compliance, which includes ensuring that Health & Safety requirements are met by planning, organizing and participating in regular Safety meetings
• Co-chair the Joint Health & Safety Committee
• Periodically perform site inspections and maintain a quality control program
• Maintain metering records and manage the meter seal program
• Liaise with customers, contractors and third-party service providers to communicate changes and upgrade requirements; resolve any customer issues
• Troubleshoot and resolve meter trouble reports for both IESO Wholesale and Retail clients
• Conduct annual reviews with utility clients to ensure issues are addressed and identify future work requirements
• Actively manage some key client relationships
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
• Post-secondary education in a related technical field (e.g. electrical engineering, electrical technician/technologist), or other relevant work experience. A C.E.T. or P. Eng designation is an asset.
• Background in electrical power distribution, metering, sub-metering, protection and control communications and electrical systems.
• 5+ years related work experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with staff and clients.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Access as well as experience with Visio, ION Enterprise and AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of OHSA, EUSA and ESA regulations, Utility Work Protection Code, WHMIS, CPR, First Aid and all other applicable legislation.
• Familiar with the latest provincial energy programs, technologies and work management systems as it relates to metering.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional administrative skills.
• Effective leadership skills and comfortable at managing remote reports.
• A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License, driver’s insurance and an excellent driving record.
• Must have a regard for personal and public safety and demonstrated safe working habits.
• Willing to occasionally travel across the province of Ontario.
Rodan offers a highly competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rodan Energy Solutions
165 Matheson Blvd E, #6, Mississauga, ON, L4Z 3K2,39