We Are Hiring!
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Ingram Micro is hiring for a Manager, Quality Assurance and Inventory Control
This roles is based in our 500,000 Sq Ft. distribution centre located at Brittania & Hurontario.
Hours of work will be 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
The Manager, Quality Assurance and Inventory Control is responsible for maintenance and administration of the Quality Management System (QMS) at the designated Advanced Logistics Center (ALC), with a strong focus on process consistency and capability based on customer requirements within a robust ISO and regulatory framework. This includes creating and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement and learning that respects and values thoughtful and disciplined use of data and enables associates at all levels to participate in the improvement of the operating system. Additionally, this role is accountable for Inventory Control Program which includes leading the cycle count and bin maintenance teams, within an effective inventory management system for a large multi-building campus.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Operations and will collaborate with the larger operations and quality team. This leader should be an active participant in the building and should be focused on sustaining an inventory control / loss prevention and quality focused culture.
1. Leadership of Quality and Environmental Management include:
· Ensures compliance to ISO standards for Quality and Environmental Sustainability
· Maintains key elements of the QMS including customer complaint resolution, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action, internal audit protocol, and management review
· Tracks environmental aspects associated to internal and contractor processes to control the potential impact on the environment.
· Facilitates formal quarterly Management Review process
· Supports certification of QMS as needed to external ISO standards; conduct facility assessments for readiness and/or compliance
· Leads internal audit process for the ALC providing results and recommendations
· Ensures continuous improvement through Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies
· Provides leadership enabling associates at all levels through QMS and continuous improvement training towards improvement of the operating system.
3. Customer Satisfaction Trend Reporting and Analysis (CDR and CSI)
· Monitor, review and improve customer complaints (CDR), process, and performance metrics (CSI) to meet organizational objectives
· Coordinate needed measures and process improvement cross-functionally with other departments
· Participate in communication and reporting on annual CSI goals for attainment by ALC
· Serve as CSI/CDR process lead for the ALC including the review of customer reported discrepancies to address process failures or training deficiencies
· Coordinated, guided and communicates external audit activities, including facilitating Corrective Action response, and results with operations leadership.
4. Maintain Documentation Control of QMS Policies and Procedures
· Ensuring customer unique process requirements are appropriately documented and controlled, implemented and change control maintained
· Assist in communication of customer requirements to ensure meeting expectations and maintaining consistency in reporting performance
· Ensuring method for document review and approval is followed
· Maintain documentation database for all related policies, procedures and job aides
· Coordinating and documenting process deviations and communication
5. Inventory Control
· Experience with investigating loss prevention and implementation of loss prevention programs.
· Maintaining accurate inventory through a vigorous weekly and perpetual cycle count programs
· Accurate reporting of inventory records, monitoring inventory trend and suggesting changes in operational procedures to increase efficiency;
· Report and investigate problems areas with regards to reoccurring adjustments, damages, wrong receipts, mispicks, and process issues.
· Assist the operation in the areas of timely rotation of inventory, disposition of aged inventory;
· Ensure adjustments, both losses and gains are signed off before the adjustment is completed;
· Set productivity standards for the Team Members in Inventory Control;
· Work in conjunction with operations in solving inventory and operational issues;
· Responsible for forecasting company’s future storage mode analysis.
· Ensure communication and storing of aging and excess inventory.
· Creation of warehouse locations in WMS for product storage.
· Investigate customer discrepancy reports.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of experience leading and maintaining QMS in a warehouse or 3PL environment required
· Experience in leading and applying effective organizational change management techniques
· Experiencing in training others in QMS and continuous improvement principles and tool use including: internal audit, root cause analysis as well as corrective and preventive process improvement.
· Experience in implementation and monitoring of program performance, verification and validation methods including experience with statistical and process improvement tools such as root cause analysis, auditing, six sigma, statistical chart preparation and coordination required
· Previous experience in a supervisory position in a warehouse environment preferred; or success completion of an IM Operations Team Leader Trainee program.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) is preferred.
· Experience in partnering with external auditors for surveillance audits is required – experience with 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards is a plus.
· Certified ISO9001 Lead Auditor or equivalent required
· Preferred certifications include:
Quality Engineer certifications
CQM/OE Certified Quality Manager /Organizational Excellence
ASQ CQA – Certified Quality Auditor, CQE – Certified
· Certifications or experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
· Capable of building strong relationships with the operations leaders in order to positively influence change.
· A strong desire to teach and coach teams to success
· Ability to effectively use quality control tools; flowchart, pareto chart, cause and effect diagrams, check sheets, histograms, and run/control charts.
· Solid understanding of statistics process control, process performance capability and process improvement techniques.
· Aptitude for quantitative analyze with ability to collect, summarize, present data and take appropriate action as a result
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Self-starter to lead change and make independent and informed decisions.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Facilitating groups in analysis and program needs implementation.
· Strong situational leadership skills to influence all levels of the organization
· Intermediate to advanced expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Visio
Ingram Micro Canada
55 Standish Crt, Mississauga, ON, L5R 4A1