Also looking for
Automotive Parts Advisor (Barrie, ON)
Senior Development Engineer (Toronto, ON)
SEO Specialist - Sports Experts (Laval, QC)
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist, Threat Intelligence (Toronto, ON)
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A, Supply Chain (Brampton, ON)
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
The Canadian Tire Mobile Development team requires an experienced Mobile Architect who will take part in the delivery of exciting digital initiatives for the Canadian Tire Corporation, its partners, and its customers.
Our Mobile Architect will play a key role in the delivery of our Mobile roadmap and capabilities while adopting the latest technologies to further engage our mobile users. This individual is a technical champion who is a leader in their domain of expertise. This individual is expected to:
- Key champion to architect, build, iterate and manage our mobile portfolio at CTC
- Research and maintain an extensive knowledge base of current digital technology advancements, trends and directions for mobile platforms and capabilities, preferably in the Retail environment
- Develop and implement technology aligning with overall digital architecture frameworks and standards
- Perform analysis and solution design for all aspects of the mobile portfolio
- Make recommendations on strategic and architectural direction
- Ensure that code developed is compliant with latest design standards and best-practices
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level through pairing, design/code reviews, and mentoring
- Push forward our testing process including unit, integration- and functional testing
- Participate in the design phase of projects in the Digital space consisting of new implementations, technology upgrades and infrastructure solutions for a wide range of business needs
- Provide technical leadership and consulting to the various business areas of CTC
- Deliver recommendations based on various software product evaluations
- Develop long term strategic mobile architecture to ensure solutions meets current and future requirements
- Deliver project work in a timely manner with the appropriate level of detail and expertise applied
- Maintain strong relationships with peers and other stakeholder
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Demonstrated ability of designing scalable digital experiences for both iOS and Android ecosystems across the full stack of technologies – including App Store requirements and opportunities
- Broad experience with hands-on involvement in the design and development of multiple native mobile apps
- Demonstrated ability to understand and accurately scope mobile technology business requirements as well as effort and recommend mobile solutions to meet business objectives
- Knowledge of/or hands-on experience with mobile technologies of the following functions: Swift, SwiftUI, Java/Android, Kotlin, Objective-C, Jenkins
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and knowledge of enhancing mobile CI/CD pipeline
- Proven experience providing advice and direction to the software development team with regards to architecture and software engineering best practices in mobile development
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and agile methodologies
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around.From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one ofCanada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us onLinkedIn.
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2021, 7:11:13 PM
Canadian Tire Corporation
Toronto, ON, Canada