We are seeking an experienced mortgage administrator, preferably with collections experience.
The role will be primarily responsible for performing specific functions of the mortgage life cycle and related products. These functions are required in order to maintain a performing mortgage asset and ensure customer satisfaction.
The roles within the mortgage administration team include, but are not limited to, processing renewals, follow up on payments past due, processing payments, producing mortgage statements, funding mortgages, administering tax payments, document preparation and retention, updating mortgage documentation, updating mortgage life insurance and file management.
The mortgage administrator is expected to be an expert or specialist in the functions they are accountable for.
What You Will Do
- Reporting to the Manager, Lending Services Administration, the full-time position's responsibilities include:
- Follow up on payouts past due; resolve client discrepancies and short payments; negotiate alternate payment arrangements.
- Monitor, maintain and reduce delinquency of assigned accounts by proactively making collection calls, sending written correspondence and documenting all collection activities.
- Prepare discharge statements and documentation.
- Process mortgage payments and renewals.
- Update and maintain various reports for tracking purposes.
- Process transactions on mortgage system.
- Investigate problems with tax bills, escalations, and late penalties.
- Follow up on shortfalls on paid-out loans.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Passionate about the mortgage industry, the successful candidate is committed to customer service excellence, and enjoys multi-faceted roles. Possessing strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills, the successful candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education with focus on mortgages and real estate is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Effective organizational, priority-setting, negotiation, interpersonal skills. A team player who pays attention to detail and has time-management skills and an ability to multi-task and work with strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong work ethic skills; be self-motivated; take ownership, accountability and initiative; work well under pressure.
- Strong data entry and basic accounting skills; ability to balance cash and perform calculations.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Prior experience in banking or a credit union environment is considered an asset.
- Professional, team-oriented office environment.
- Standard corporate business hours based on a 37.5-hour work week: Monday to Wednesday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Thursday to Friday, from 9:00am to 6:00pm with the ability to work overtime, if required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by being able to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. These include, but are not limited to, sitting, considerable use of computer and phone, infrequently moving items up to 25 pounds in weight.