Sunbury Transport Limited and RST Industries are leading carriers utilizing the most advanced technology to deliver world-class transportation services throughout North America. We offer a wide range of creative transportation solutions; specializing in flatbed, van, container, wood fiber, chemicals, petroleum, bulk, and food grade products.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Operations Manager for Sunbury Transport Limited. This position is accountable for staff performance management, utilization, profitability and driver management. KPI oversight includes asset management, preventative maintenance, rate per mile, empty miles, miles per tractor, and on time service. This position also plays a key role in our customer relationships.
- Drive a safety-first culture
- Build, lead and deliver short term and long-term operational strategies to accelerate business growth
- Develop operational programs to maximize profitability across all customer bases.
- Manage company asset maintenance programs
- Coach, train, develop and lead staff
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Cultivate business opportunities and build strong relationships with existing and potential customers
- Work with fleet managers to improve driver engagement and the management of individual drivers
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- Strong strategic thinking and execution skills
- Proven track record of developing and promoting talent and building effective teams; inspiring and motivating direct reports and colleagues to achieve superior results
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams within and outside of direct control is a must
- Self-directed, ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Effective communication style at all levels in the organization, a willingness to share information, and a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
RST Industries Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Saint John, NB, Canada