Also looking for
Automotive Parts Advisor (Barrie, ON)
Senior Development Engineer (Toronto, ON)
SEO Specialist - Sports Experts (Laval, QC)
Senior Cybersecurity Specialist, Threat Intelligence (Toronto, ON)
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A, Supply Chain (Brampton, ON)
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada by 2022 and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Our Merchandising team is responsible for connecting our quality products and services with our customers. The team uses planning frameworks and tools to provide recommendations that will ensure financial results and provide decisions on key inputs such as point of sales forecasts.
This is a highly visible role across the organization that will challenge your ability to work with ambiguity, manage large amounts of data, turn insights into action, and make strong connections with business leaders. You will be working independently with category business managers, building relationships and Interpreting category, brand, and vendor strategies and their impact on price. You will have the opportunity to develop and implement new or existing frameworks that improve our customer’s price perception, while maximizing our categories profitability. In this role, you’ll work across a team of high performing individuals looking to make an impact at Canadian Tire.
What you’ll do
- Support the delivery of category objectives and financial plans by flawlessly executing accurate and timely cost and price changes.
- Manage all landed costs amid all changes to landed cost components and ensure dealer split is maintained at all times.
- Ensure all cost changes meet rigorous quality standards and analysis is carried out in order to be able to present Category Business Managers with impacts of cost changes and potential issues with information provided by vendor.
- Analyze impacts of price and cost changes and make price recommendations based on margin requirements and the competition.
- Work with pricing strategy and the merch teams to understand margin and CI requirements. Monitor cost and price changes to ensure pre-determined margin and competitive index requirements are being met.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues at various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide insights using data
- High proficiency in Word, Excel – capacity to understand vlookups, pivot tables, etc
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to tackle multiple projects with varying scope
- Agile and innovative individuals, who can manage in an environment of change and ambiguity
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- 1-3 years professional work experience in a relevant role
- Solid communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced business environment
- Merchandising and/or retail experience is an asset
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around.From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one ofCanada’s Top Employers.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us onLinkedIn.
Job Posting: Feb 3, 2021, 4:12:47 PM
Canadian Tire Corporation
Toronto, ON, Canada