At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes in Canada. For most families, buying or selling a . . .
Are you ready to reimagine how residential real-estate works? Are you a creative, flexible, analytical and passionate self-starter that is excited by the possibilities of building a company? Are you ready to build a service to delight homeowners? We’d love to meet you and talk about a career at Properly.
At Properly, we are on a mission to transform the process of buying and selling homes in Canada. For most families, buying or selling a home is complicated, time-consuming and expensive. We believe it should be stress-free and instant. That’s why we’re building a platform that uses data science to determine exactly what a home is worth, our own capital to buy the home (in the matter of days), technology to sell the home quickly, and a dedicated team of professionals to support buyers and sellers every step of the way.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be central to understanding our users and charting the course to “build the right thing” to make an impact. In this position you report to the CEO to drive key decisions; this lets you fully align the impact your product changes have for homeowners directly to our business strategy. The important parts of the role are also the most interesting as you will be leading both the typical technology product development and also work to develop the “offline” parts of our customer product experience.
Through continued collaboration with other leaders on our team you will evolve the strategic direction, then take responsibility for building out the product roadmap, understanding people's needs deeply, analyzing the impact on our business, and (in partnership with your Engineering Manager colleagues) prioritizing and developing a shared understanding of the user stories our teams will deliver. As delivery occurs you will monitor the impact of our changes in the market and continue to refine our product plan - end-to-end delivery of value. You are responsible for gathering, interpreting and presenting key metrics to your collaborators on progress and impact of changes.
We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Blackberry, Wealthsimple, Mozilla, etc.) and funded by leading venture investors and angels including FJ Labs (investors in Airbnb, Dropbox, Alibaba and Uber), iNovia Capital, Max Ventures, Loric Ventures, and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
- Strategic planning collaboration, identifying the most relevant and impactful areas of focus
- Aggressively prioritize, including helping us identify areas we do not need to focus.
- Developing and refining our product roadmap.
- Empathetic analysis of user behaviours and needs for both the technology product and service design.
- Through communication, facilitation and advocacy, cultivate a shared understanding of the highest priority product stories with the delivery team.
- Support the Engineering Manager through the iterative delivery process.
- Monitor and communicate to the wider team the user and business impact of changes.
Required skills and characteristics:
- Check out our CEO’s note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. We are seeking team members that want to grow and expand our culture here.
- You start from thinking about people (our customers and partners) and you are their advocate throughout Properly.
- You have multiple approaches, both qualitatively and quantitatively, to understand needs and impact.
- You can cultivate hypotheses about product change, design validation experiments, facilitate new ideas, and identify priorities to deliver an iteration.
- You have the analytical experience to understand the impact of product and service changes.
- You understand that product is a nexus between a number of teams and goals and you have the communication skills to gather a variety of inputs, and to keep multiple people up to date and aligned on the product direction.
- You will bring 4 years experience in design, product, support, strategy or analyst roles (or equivalent roles analyzing user needs and developing solution plans)
At Properly, you'll have:
- Top-of-market cash and equity compensation.
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule.
- Lots of team events and social activities!
- 16 weeks parental leave.
- Excellent healthcare benefits.
- Personal development budget; we support our team members’ growth.
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto (Front and Blue Jays Way).
325 Front Street West, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Y1