Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a strategic and collaborative Project Leader, Site Automated Systems to join our team. The right candidate will be part of the Engineering Team — a team that is composed of passionate individuals who are driven to continuous improvement and success.
Reporting to the Production Technical Manager, the Project Leader, Site Automated Systems is responsible for leading project activities relating to automated systems within the Site Engineering Department. The Project Leader, Site Automated Systems will be working with other members to reduce or eliminate non-value added activities or costs, while maintaining or improving quality, productivity and timelines throughout the projects being managed.
- Use automation systems expertise to work with individual stakeholders, to ensure the appropriate change controls, commissioning, qualification and training plans with accompanying resources are in place to deliver efficient system start-up.
- Leverage automation expertise to participate in the evaluation of existing systems for business risk. Develop plans to mitigate risk and improve compliance and reliability.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the purpose of investigations, audits, training, or otherwise as required for automated systems.
- Identify and lead the implementation of equipment improvement and optimization opportunities.
- Develop project design concepts, justification, scope, specifications and cost estimates, and communicate project status and impacts.
- Resolve senior level or complex technical service issues with internal customers and formulates recommendations.
- Develop clear and simple justifications and project summaries to clearly define the problem, root cause and proposed solution. Must be comfortable presenting to upper management.
- Support as required the trouble-shooting and problem resolution of existing automated systems, including a working knowledge of MES, SAP and PLC systems.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience with automated systems is required for this role.
- Expert level knowledge of controls and control strategy associated with process systems.
- Strong working knowledge of PLC’s, MES, SAP.
- Knowledge of Optel serializations systems would be an asset.
- A proven track record in managing projects in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of current automation best practices and industry trends.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, SAP, PLC (ladder and statement), scripted language (VB or equivalent)
- Post secondary education in the area of automation or mechatronics or equivalent experience.