Reporting to the Regional Manager or designate, the Project Manager leads, directs, and exercises functional authority over all aspects of construction projects including planning, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting; ensures that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, and that quality and safety standards are met; directs staff in successfully accomplishing goals and objectives. The office is located in Delson, Quebec
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews project proposals and plans to gain an understanding of the project requirements (time frame, budget, safety, quality, staffing, materials and equipment requirements) necessary to complete the project within the required time frame.
- Develops an execution plan that outlines staffing, materials, equipment, subcontracting, and other services that are necessary to deliver the project on time and within budget.
- Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
- Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
- Organizes and conducts meetings with project staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needs concerning project requirements.
- Develops and manages customer relationships and expectations, progress reports, communication, paperwork, meetings, etc.
- Leads project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules; takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by acting as a role model, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, Company policies and procedures, implementing and monitoring safety programs.
- Monitors and oversees the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure that assigned duties and responsibility are performed per agreed upon expectations.
- Monitors and oversees onsite activities, quality, productivity, progress, and safety of employees and subcontractors.
- Provides leadership and supervision to staff, identifies goals and objectives, monitors and assesses performance, identifies training and development opportunities, provides ongoing coaching.
- Oversees financial aspects of contracts.
- Provides technical assistance and recommends construction methods and equipment.
- Anticipates potential roadblocks and develops solutions to prevent issues from arising; resolves any problems that may arise during project execution.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Represents the company in project meetings.
- Prepares written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
- Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and estimates.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field of study such as Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years relevant project experience in a heavy civil construction environment, including a thorough knowledge of construction industry practices, methods, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of project accounting, project controls (cost, schedule, change management, etc.), material management, contract management, subcontract management, safety, and quality.
Talents and Abilities:
- Ability to apply, interpret and understand contract law and language
- Proficiency utilizing common business and construction applications such as Microsoft Office products, Hard Dollar, Explorer or JD Edwards software.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and abilities; applies innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Significant overnight travel to job sites is required.
- Exposure to outdoor construction sites in all weather conditions.
- Work is in and around live track (trains).
- Work may be in urban, rural or isolated areas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Montreal, QC, Canada