Design, maintain, analyze and deliver a comprehensive suite of operational reports and analytics. Includes ad-hoc reports as well as production level reporting. Use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest area and methods of improving operations. Play a key role in the validation and continual enhancement of current reporting processes and portfolio. Mentor and train junior team members.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design, maintain, analyze and deliver various reports.
- Develop sophisticated programs and queries to automate the gathering, transportation and delivery of data and in a variety of formats for a variety of applications.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to review reports or data sources to ensure accuracy, integrity, appropriate interpretation, and high data quality.
- Prepare and issue instructions concerning generation, completion, and distribution of reports according to new or revised practices, procedures, or policies of reports management.
- Understand new system changes as they affect data, reports, and reporting systems.
- Extract data and manipulate/calculate/format it into presentable reports, charts, and graphs for management use.
- Analyze data and reporting solutions to understand business impact, correlations, discrepancies, and to propose changes/alternate solutions.
- Utilize various business intelligence software platforms and source systems to build dynamic reporting and analytical tools.
- Train junior team members on reporting platforms and data visualization tools.
- Workforce planning and optimization.
- Define financial situation by completing quantitative analyses of current trends.
- Formulate mid to long term staffing plans for all of Operations
- Evaluate optional plans by identifying outcomes and service level impacts
- Help refine and improve accuracy of existing staffing plans
- Evaluate and document process and process evolution
- Adhere to all planning process requirements
- Drive best practice sharing, efficiency increases, global standard setting and harmonization.
- Requirements gathering and business contact throughout organization.
- Participate in requirement gathering sessions, liaise with stakeholders, and document user requirements.
- Transform OPS management requests into technical requirements to ensure accuracy of the results.
- Provide training and documentation to all facets of the organization on self-serve reporting, data governance and KPIs
- Manage intake and prioritization of requests for reporting and analytics.
- Contribute to and maintain data warehouse, reporting and analytics.
- Participate in the design and enhancement of OLAP cubes, KPIs, and the data warehouse
- Work with data engineer to incorporate new data sources seamlessly into data warehouse.
- Help build and ensure data governance, compliance and security around data warehouse.
- Support consistency and alignment with regional and global reporting and analytics,
What Skills and Experience We Require:
- 5+ years of experience in a data science/analyst, business intelligence analyst or IT developer role.
- Experience with data warehouse design, OLAP cubes, and requirements gathering in a BI environment.
- Knowledge of call-center, customer service center or service operations environment
- Advanced skill in using Windows based applications and MS Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Server, reporting presentation layers and BI tools with the ability to build complex reports and dashboards.
- Experience with MicroStrategy Desktop or similar data visualization and presentation tools preferred.
- Experience with Verint Planning Tools and Systems preferred
- College Degree/Diploma, preferably in the disciplines of Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Business.
- Strong organizational skills with expert ability to balance multiple parallel projects, and run meetings and workshops.
- Ability to work independently and coach junior team members.
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical ideas in written formats to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Experience with Agile project concepts a plus.
What we offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, including a competitive base salary, benefits as of day one, and membership in the company’s Annual Incentive Plan
Flexible work hours
A supportive team environment
The possibility of developing a long-term career in the insurance sector while helping others
Allianz Global Assistance Canada
4273 King St E, Kitchener, ON, N2P 2E9,39