Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Head of Transformation is a key management role within the Operations organization who will develop and oversee the Transformation framework and roadmap and drive a connected approach to delivering against the organization’s transformation agenda. The role will focus primarily on transformation techniques in order to deliver significant and sustainable improvement in the efficiency, scalability and performance of all key operations, administration and support function activities within the business. Key consideration includes elements such as the company’s go-to-market product and channel strategy, customer experience and human centered design (HCD) aspirations as well as how we engage stakeholders, and how we are organized, mobilizing resources to achieve the company’s strategic priorities in a holistic way.
The role holder will manage a team of specialists focused on building foundational execution and digital operating capabilities across the organization. This team brings together a collection of business and technical skills with a mandate to pioneer new ways of working, thinking and operating. This will be achieved through coaching, technical training, strategic thinking, Lean process optimization, problem solving and hands-on change management and execution.
This is a very high impact role within the business, very visible at the leadership level and one that requires an individual with exceptional leadership skills including high levels of emotional intelligence, stakeholder Management, team working and collaboration skills.
- Develop long- and short-term plans for the company’s transformation programmes.
- Ensure the transformation projects are aligned to the corporate strategy and priorities, business transformation goals, customer experience, cost reductions, efficiency improvements etc.
- Provide strategic views on prioritization for laying down the future roadmap of customer the experience journey
- Clearly define the team mission and positioning within the organization and ensure that this is well understood by and communicated to all key business stakeholders
- Manage and oversee the transformation programme reporting on schedule, budget, scope, quality, risks/issues/dependencies and assess the impact on the benefit realization for the programme
- Provide visibility and transparency of the delivery of the progress and financial performance of the transformation programme
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with internal stakeholders to elicit requirements to ensure the business objectives and vision is delivered.
- Develop recommendations for continuous improvements and support implementation
- Maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations.
- Establish clear accountabilities and authority for the different team members
- Build out a high performing transformation team that will be recognized for its specialist capabilities and high impact results, visible achievements and approach to collaborate with our Regional and other teams
- Provide direction, consultancy, and support to the business leaders and project teams.
- Ensure that results are measurable through establishing a baseline of performance and cost metrics, clear business cases and unarguable results as defined by improvements in appropriate KPIs, unit costings and productivity/efficiency measures
- Deliver a high standard of MIS/KPI reporting across the transformation portfolio, and where required ensure that the appropriate governance is established to ensure the success of the change
- Ensure that results are sustainable through the embedding of continuous improvement frameworks and processes to sustain the change over the medium to long term horizon
- Establish a highly competent change management capability within the transformation team and develop frameworks and tools that will be leveraged within the Markets and other Business units
- Deliver frequent and high-quality communications regarding the transformation objectives and their progress and ensure strong visibility and collective buy in from their leadership teams and other business units, key stakeholders and Regional Transformation Office.
- Fully accountable for the success of all transformation initiatives and their delivery on time, scope and budget
- Accelerate the pace of new Ways of Working (WoW). Deliver training, coaching and awareness sessions and accelerate the number of initiatives/platforms that are being successfully delivered in an Agile, year on year
1. Be responsible for alignment of project and program work to company strategy, establish and ensure appropriate enterprise governance, and perform portfolio management functions to ensure both strategy alignment and benefits realization.
2. Maintains the company’s projects database.
3. Liaises and work closely with various areas with Regional Office on projects.
4. Liaises with functional units to monitor progress of projects.
5. Reviews project plan & prioritize project list.
6. Responsible for organizing and facilitating Project Office Steering Committee (POSC) and providing regular status updates, reports, issues and delays.
7. Preview post implementation review before reporting to Project Office Steering Committee (POSC).
8. Ensuring prompt escalation of risks and issues to senior level and appropriate committees.
9. Report Project Portfolio to SPMO.
10. Responsible for identifying situations where ODF can be applied and approving, documenting and communicating decisions made.
11. Inform project manager to complete the necessary 2nd line reviews and approvals.
12. Ensures that Planview is up to date and information are complete.
13. Expense/ Budget planning and management and to engage SPMO if expenditure reaches a certain threshold as defined in DoA.
14. Being accountable for the day to day management of risks associated with managing respective department
15. Ensuring practices are in place to comply with the Enterprise Risk Policy and local regulatory guidelines and standards; and to provide reasonable assurance that all significant risk exposures arising from operations are managed within the Company’s risk appetite
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Toronto, ON, Canada