LoyaltyOne is a global leader in the design and implementation of coalition loyalty programs, customer analytics and loyalty services f . . .
What you will do:
You’ll be working with a dynamic and creative software development team to build and maintain web and/or mobile e-commerce solutions for the Airmiles loyalty program.
At this level, you will understand fundamental solutions, applications, languages or platforms required for feature planning and coding all while staying abreast of product direction and planned advancements. You’ll be expected to understand and link your own work to the Airmiles fundamental core services; external customer and client relationships.
You’ll leverage this knowledge within the development space by delivering within quality standards and acceptance criteria by thinking creatively and presenting solutions to challenging problems. We’ll support you in your growth but ask that you keep continue to grow professional through new technical knowledge; identifying and understand trends and absorbing the best practice techniques from industry and internal subject matter experience and communities of practice.
Check us out – LoyaltyOne on Stack Overflow | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook |Twitter | Blog | Instagram #Stem
Who you are:
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
On your LoyaltyOne Adventure, you will be involved in:
- Responsible for the design and development of complex software solutions components
- Develop moderate complexity to highly complex software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards
- Responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of web and mobile e-commerce solution components and modules
- Follow established SDLC processes as well as enterprise policies and guidelines for software development
- Troubleshoot and correct complex software defects, through troubleshooting, defect fixing and pager support
- Micro services and event streaming architecture and technologies
- Agile engineering practices and tools
- Java or JVM languages
- CI/CD (Git, CI/CD, Jenkins)
- Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis and more
- Interesting perks at LoyaltyOne:
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Subsidized catered bistro café
- Great health and wellness benefits
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
You would describe yourself as having:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related field
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- 5+ years of Software Engineering/Development experience
438 University Ave., Toronto, ON, M5G 2L1