We Are Hiring!
Customer Success Manager (Toronto, ON)
We want to create a world served by exceptional professionals, and we do that by helping academic institutions find holistically stronger applicants by looking beyond metrics of “book smart”. Think of us like an “SAT” that evaluates who you are instead of what you know. Our main assessment, the CASPer test, is used widely for high stakes admissions to Healthcare Training, Teachers Education, and other academic programs in Canada, the US, and as far away as Australia. As an example, in 2019 we will assess well over 100,000 applicants including 80% of all US and Canadian Medical School applicants.
Who We Are:
We’re a quirky, vibrant, and diverse group of ~50 working out of the OneEleven scale-up hub in the downtown core of Toronto. We tackle some tough problems (like how to evaluate empathy in someone who wants to become a doctor), and some less tough ones (like what to bring in for the communal snack table).
Our core values are caring, curious, and driven; we embody these values in everything that we do. We genuinely care about the well-being of others, we possess an innate desire to continually learn, and every day we strive to be better than the person we were the day before.
Who Would Fit In:
People who do well here are caring, humble, prefer change over the status-quo, are comfortable with “fuzzy” (vs well defined) tasks, and are ok with a daily helping of problem-solving. We all have a healthy appetite for learning and love to share our knowledge and teach our co-workers. We want people who put “we before me”. (You’ll learn more as you keep reading.)
In 12 Months:
- You will have immersed yourself in all things Altus, having learned business logic and applications with a full understanding of the ecosystem of our development cycle.
- You will have earned the respect of the Altus team for your endless curiosity and creative problem-solving within your sprint grooming, sprint planning, and sprint retro participation and ownership.
- You will be known for your speed of execution and will always be looking for creative ways to accelerate the QA process.
- You will have earned the trust of your peers for your deep insights and perspective on problems - how we might make improvements to our processes and support the growth and development of our team.
- You will be known as a leader on our QA team, executing on the vision, delivering a smoother QA process for our development cycle, and leading your teammates into understanding and analyzing what makes us more efficient.
- Having taken ownership, you will be known as a significant “values fit” and "culture add" that helps us build towards the type of “people first” high-performance company we want to be.
What Will Help You in Your Role:
- Experience mentoring and teaching QA teammates
- Experience writing end-to-end tests in Cypress in sprint
- Experience within SDLC and AGILE processes
- 4+ years of experience as a QA Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to conduct cross-platform testing
- Extensive hands-on experience using, configuring, and maintaining automated testing tools written in Cypress, Mocha, Cucumber, Selenium,
Protractor or similar frameworks
Experience with multi platform frameworks for testing across different browsers and environments (Browser Stack, LambdaTest)
- Experience contributing to designing test plans and testing in ongoing sprints
- Experience with automated QA techniques such as stubbing and spying
- Bonus: Load Testing experience (example k6 or jMeter)
- Bonus: Experience with other testing frameworks such as Jest and Enzyme would be an asset
- Bonus: Bilingual would be an asset
What We Expect from a Mission, Values, & Culture Perspective:
- Able to live our core values of Caring, Curious, and Driven to help us attain our goal of creating a world full of exceptional professionals
- We need someone who is a self-starter, highly curious about how the business works, and able to help us focus where it counts
- Has loosely held, strong opinions - knows why they want what they want, but is also abundantly humble, can be wrong, and wants to seek out the best solution, no matter the source
- Interested in being part of an amazing, caring team, and wants to build a sustainable, high growth business
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and prefer change over status-quo
- Nurturing and empathetic with a professional, positive attitude and a sense of humility
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee in our office
- Monthly team lunches
- $1500 annual personal and professional development budget
- Generous self-directed vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental and life insurance coverage
- RRSP Matching Program
- Extended Parental leave coverage
- Team building and social events
Our Hiring Process:
- Our hiring process optimizes for a positive candidate experience. The general hiring process looks like the following:
- Pre-screen. When you submit your application, it is sent directly to the hiring manager who will screen the application.
- First phone call. If selected, our hiring manager will schedule a time for the first phone screen, which typically lasts about 30 minutes. The manager will ask you some general interview questions such as why you are interested in this role and then may ask for you to elaborate on some parts of your application.
- On-site team interview. Once you pass the first phone screen, we will schedule an on-site team interview, where you will meet with 4-6 members of our team to assess your technical skills, values fit, and cultural add. You may also be asked to complete a short task that closely mirrors some aspects of the role. The in-person interview takes about 2-3 hours.
- Final phone call. Once all the members have met and shared their thoughts, the hiring manager will consolidate this information and let you know of their decision. We may need to ask you a few more questions if there were any areas that needed a bit more expanding.
Altus Assessments Inc
325 Front St W, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 2Y1