LoyaltyOne is a global leader in the design and implementation of coalition loyalty programs, customer analytics and loyalty services f . . .
What you will do:
Working within a dynamic and creative software development team to build and maintain web and mobile e-commerce solutions for the Airmiles loyalty program.
At this level, you will provide the subject matter expertise for solutions and applications required for component planning and delivery. Recommending the best options for product objectives using knowledge of trends, best practices and leading-edge techniques.
You will adopt and seek to improve our efforts to reach high standards of code quality through progressive development methodologies.
It will be your responsibility to design, implement, unit test, and integrate different demanding components and work closely with architects, SQA, and product support to ensure successful design, development, and seamless implementation to production.
Who you are:
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
- Responsible for the design and development of complex software solutions components
- Lead and supervise development efforts
- Coaching and mentoring developers
- Develop moderate complexity to highly complex software solutions in support of business requirements and in accordance with predetermined software solution design standards
- Responsible for the design, development, test and implementation of web and mobile e-commerce solution components and modules
- Follow established SDLC processes as well as enterprise policies and guidelines for software development
- Troubleshoot and correct complex software defects, through troubleshooting, defect fixing and pager support
- Reviews and approves technical work products produced by more junior staff
We are looking for you to bring to the team:
- A desire to learn and grow
- Passion, excitement and creativity
- Open mind to new ideas and delivery
You would describe yourself as having:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related field
- A passion for technology that understand data, API design and infrastructure concepts
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- 5 to 8 years of Software Engineering/Development experience
- Minimum of 1 year of technical lead experience
- Technologies that we use or will be using. Help us discover and learn more!
- React.JS, Angular, responsive web design
- Microservices design patterns and Restful API Design
- AWS (ideally) and other cloud Platforms
- Agile Engineering
- CI/CD practices and tools like Jenkins, github (Nice to have)
Interesting perks at AIR MILES:
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Subsidized catered bistro café
- Great health and wellness benefits
438 University Ave., Toronto, ON, M5G 2L1