Rose Rocket is a market leader in Transportation Management Software. We’re a startup going after the $700+ billion dollar trucking industry, leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way trucking companies sell, service and innovate. We are a hyper-growth Y Combinator backed company with a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success.
- We are looking for a Intermediate / Senior Software Engineer to come in and help us build exciting features. We're solving exciting industry problems such as: route and resource optimization, OCR / ML document management, workflow automation and customization and many more...
- Technologies that we use (that you'll be exposed to):
- Backend: Golang, NodeJS
- Frontend: React, Redux, Websockets
- Database: Postgresql, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Future exciting things that we're looking into:
- Machine Learning, OCR, AI
- NOSQL (Elastic Search, Mongodb, Cassandra, etc)
- Serverless architecture
- 4+ years of development experience.
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience with SQL
- Proficient in Version Control Systems like Git / SVN / Mercurial
- Experience with any project management tool like JIRA / Asana
- A degree from a real school (Not Greendale Community College - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyFX480S6jM)
- You'll be coding in Golang / NodeJS so it would be great if you already had experience with them but we're not expecting 8 years of Golang ;-)
- Open Source experience
- Previous experience in a hyper growth startup
- Specialization in certain skills such as: database optimization, security, workflow automation / customization, distributed system design, enterprise software design or other
- We are interested in more than just your in-office performance, that’s why we host friends and family events once every 2 months to get to know each other even better.
- We have flexible vacation and summer hours because we know achieving your best work has a lot to do with true work-life balance.
- Love good eats and fun events? Our open-space brick and beam office is surrounded by cool restaurants and venues including St. Lawrence Market.
- We are a mere 10-minute walk from Union Station. Easy accessibility via TTC, GO, Gardiner Expressway or the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail for the avid cycling types.
- Our company events and field trips cater to meet a wide variety of interests (think: oyster shucking, sports teams, trivia nights, art parties, gaming, needlepoint, trips to Toronto Island, gardening, bocce ball, karaoke, and pretty much anything else you can imagine or would like to suggest).
- We care SO much about our team we have a fantastic Lead dedicated specifically to Communications and Culture that is ensuring Rose Rocket is the best place you'll ever work!
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible Vacation
- Training & Development commitment
- Stock Option Plan
- The cherry on top of the cherry: There happens to be real Banksy under our office!
70 The Esplanade, #200, Toronto, ON, M5E 1R2