Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services began as a soup kitchen in 1929, and since then has been steadily increasing and strengthening a dive . . .
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is multi-service agency located in the heart of east downtown Toronto. For 87 years, we have been touching the lives of thousands of our community’s most vulnerable residents by providing a range of programs and services across every stage of life.
Reporting to the Summer Camp Coordinator or their designate, Senior Summer Camp Counsellors will work to provide direction and support for camp staff and volunteers. To develop, implement, and evaluate a seven-week camp program for children ranging in age from 4 to 12 years old. To ensure the safety and security of the camp.
- Will participate in camp training and orientation.
- Abides by the policies and procedures of Dixon Hall
- Takes day to day instruction from the Camp Coordinator
- Assists in developing a seven week program (eight hours a day) that will be creative, challenging, and fun for children of ages 3-5, 6-7, 8-9, or 10-12 years old.
- Takes a lead role in ensuring camp program is organized and implemented as planned.
- Ensures safety and security of camp and takes a lead role in responding to critical situations
- Provides guidance and support to camp counsellors and volunteers
- Responsible for morning set-up, monitoring attendance and supervising children during breakfast period and camp program.
- Completes appropriate paperwork (incident reports, trip purchases, etc…) and reports to Camp Co-ordinator on a regular basis to update the camp’s status.
- Maintains positive professional relationships with peers, campers, parents, and other Dixon Hall patrons.
- Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of program at the end of the season.
- Counselors assigned to the 8-9 and 10-12 groups are expected to participate in a four-day (three night) overnight camping experience outside Toronto.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Returning to school in 2019/2020
- 2 years of experience working in a day camp setting.
- Standard First Aid qualifications
- Must have excellent public relations skills with ability to communicate well with patrons from a low-income, new immigrant setting.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with other
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single Word or pdf document to click apply before June 13, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. quoting File #19-CY-02 in the email “Subject” line.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services
58 Sumach St., Toronto, ON, M5A 3J7