The University of Lethbridge (also known as uLethbridge and U of L) is a publicly funded comprehensive academic and research university . . .
Job Description:Job Title Sexual Violence Prevention Educator (Term Position) Position Details
Counselling Services, a unit within Student Services, is responsible for providing mental health support and sexual violence prevention services to students. The Sexual Violence Prevention Educator is a relatively new position within the CS department. This is a maternity leave position, commencing approximately January 4, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager of Counselling Services, the successful candidate will provide a variety of services that include:
· Providing expertise and guidance related to campus-wide gender-based violence prevention, response and education;
· Developing, coordinating and facilitating awareness campaigns, training events, and customized workshops for faculty, staff, and students;
· Possible point of contact for disclosures of gender-based violence, including: sexual harassment, dating and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and sexual exploitation;
· Providing confidential support, education, referrals and resources to students impacted by sexual violence on campus;
· Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness of sexual violence and work collaboratively to identify appropriate, proactive and preventative action on sexual and gender-based violence;
· Coordinating and training student volunteers who will also work to prevent, educate, respond to gender-based violence on campus.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as part of a team. Critical qualities for this position include ability to provide confidential, non-biased, compassionate and empathetic support to individual students and the campus at a large. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated skills in organization, advocacy, leadership, workshop delivery, event planning, and social media. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to services for students and the ability to maintain confidentiality in a complex environment.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in a Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, or other Human Services related degree and related work experience. Additional professional experience and/or knowledge in gender-based violence support and registration with a professional regulatory body is an asset.Hiring Range $3,870.00 - $4,306.00 monthly Campus Lethbridge Employment Group AUPE Position Category
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge, AB, Canada