PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, maintenance to large signalling upgrade projects. With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation and RRSP’s. Apply today!!
Job Summary and Purpose
Reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews all contracts, project documentation and plans to ensure that the work in the field is built to the most recent specifications.
• Pre-plans work activities with Superintendent to develop best means and methods, including safety action plans.
• Plans the day to day operations on assigned project and ensures that proper resources are in place for the timely completion of work i.e., labour, equipment and material.
• Takes responsibility for crew performance as related to company goals, safety audits, administration of company policies and procedures. Conducts tailgate meetings. Initiates follow up action as necessary including training, orientation, discipline, etc.
• Conducts daily briefing with crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, hazards, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
• Maintains a dedication to safety at all times by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, Company policies and procedures. Ensures that proper safety equipment is available and used by all field personnel.
• Communicates with customer and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Communicates with contractors or sub-contractors to coordinate work, goals, etc.
• Performs a variety of related administrative tasks such as production reports, timesheets, equipment logs, inspection reports, change orders and updating project files.
• Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Signaling foreman
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Valid certification in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
• Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize, develop, execute and communication vision, plan, schedules and goals to crew.
• Strong customer relations skills
• Ability to use computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting, carrying
• Ability to utilize hand and power tools
• Excellent vision and hearing
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and common sense.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as a contributing and essential team player.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Standing and walking around the project site;
• Frequent bending, lifting, digging, shoveling and moving of objects on site;
• Field environment and subject to all weather conditions;
• Working in and around live commuter trains, high voltage, confined space, safety sensitive cabling;
• Day, evening and weekend shift work.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Toronto, ON, Canada