Why we wake upClearbanc is building the bank of the future. We are building financial services to empower entrepreneurs, a growing segm . . .
Clearbanc co-founders Michele Romanow and Andrew D’Souza knew there had to be a better way to fund your business than staking your house or sacrificing ownership of your company.
Michele and Andrew deeply understand the pains of building a business; Michele bootstrapped five companies, one which was acquired by Groupon, and sits on the other side of the table as a judge on “Dragon’s Den,” Canada’s equivalent of “Shark Tank.” Andrew, meanwhile, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for multiple startups and is an investor and advisor to many others.
They've seen the broken funding process from all sides, and the idea for Clearbanc was inspired by their own experiences and struggles building companies and working with other entrepreneurs.
Clearbanc has invested in thousands of companies using data science to identify high-growth funding opportunities. This data-driven approach takes the bias out of decision making. Clearbanc has funded 8x more female founders than traditional VCs, and has invested in 43 states in the US in 2019.
Why work with us?
We're a company built by founders for founders, and we’re laser-focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. You'll get the chance to work closely with people who have built, scaled and sold companies before.
While we're obsessed with our vision, we don't take ourselves too seriously. We don’t know all the answers, so we’re constantly experimenting and learning together.
Clearbanc is going through an exciting growth phase. We’ve just closed a $300M round and we're looking for the right people to join #TeamClearbanc. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious person looking to make an impact while getting exposure to fintech and learning what it takes to build a successful startup.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Creating new business solutions for our entrepreneurs
- Data-visualization and BI features, both internal and customer-facing
- Payment processing
- Systems for onboarding customers
- Integrations with third-party data sources
- Internal tools for administrators (e.g. Operations, Diligence, etc)
- Security (e.g. authentication, authorization, encryption, etc)
- Gathering technical requirements, software design, development, QA and deployment
- Delivering working software in an agile environment with bi-weekly sprints
You will thrive if:
- You are interested in Clearbanc's core domains - Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
- You believe that software is a team sport that requires discipline and accountability.
- You are committed to communication through documentation, testing and pairing.
- You are motivated, with lots of initiative and a hunger to learn.
- You are not afraid to take on new challenges.
- You think outside the box to come up with creative solutions to improve our systems and processes.
- You understand that we don’t have all the answers and as such are comfortable seeking out the answers yourself, asking for guidance as needed.
- You are able to work effectively with cross-functional teams to help with current products and the rollout of new products.
- Node.js (TypeScript)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with our particular tool-belt is not necessary but the ability to adapt to it quickly is.
- Free daily team lunches
- Unlimited snacks & drinks
- Located in Downtown, Toronto
- Monthly Clearbanc Socials
- Lunch and Learns
- Friday drinks and demos
Kick-ass leadership: Michele Romanow - Dragons’ Den and Andrew D’Souza - Angel Investor
Unlimited opportunity to see your impact on the company and the lives of our entrepreneurs
200 University Avenue, Suite 300, Toronto, ON, M5H 3C6