Also looking for
Production Application Support Manager (Brampton, ON)
Technical Delivery Lead (Brampton, ON)
Dir. Corp & Cloud Architecture (Toronto, ON)
Bilingual Customer service consultant-Trois-Rivières (Trois-Rivières, QC)
Account Executive (Toronto, ON)
Sr. Marketing Manager, Digital & Social Media (Toronto, ON)
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Sr Manager, Social Media (Social Content Strategy).
- Sportsnet is looking for an innovative and creative digital thought leader to help elevate our social presence.
- As the Sr Manager, Social Media, you will lead a talented team of social media specialists who combine creativity, sports knowledge, journalism instincts, and content production to create industry-leading content seen by Canadian sports fans across Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Perhaps more importantly, you will understand, analyze, and react to the rapidly evolving media landscape, marketplace and fan consumption habits in order to position Sportsnet for continued success in years to come.
What you will do
- Lead Sportsnet’s social media strategy and content creation, including: 1) Organic social content strategy and execution, 2) Paid social content strategy, and 3) Email Marketing (newsletters)
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day content creation and distribution across multiple flagship brand social accounts (new & existing) with fan engagement and analytics as your compass
- Collaborate with programming, live events, and editorial teams to ideate and produce high-quality cross-platform content at scale
- Coordinate social media integration across multiple business units including sportsnet.ca, marketing, sales, PR, and talent
- Spearhead the editorial branch of Sportsnet’s social revenue business, while continuing to focus on building revenue & digital integration opportunities in conjunction with our on-air, digital sales, and content integration teams
- Establish a sub-brand built on capturing the pulse of Canadian sports fans through polls, rankers, and chats
- Monitor social trends, influencers and relevant news to identify opportunities to join the social conversation and grow brand visibility (with a particular focus on the millennial audience)
- Identify new media partnerships & opportunities that benefit the growth of the Sportsnet digital and social brand
- Work closely with our Talent Strategy and Business Relations team to promote and maximize the voice of our personalities aligned with our brand goals
What you will bring
- Sports fandom and obsession with social media and fan engagement
- A deep knowledge of social media platforms including the best way to leverage each platform to connect with our audiences and build our social brand
- Experience in end-to-end content development, digital production, distribution, and measurement
- A desire to connect sports fans to new content and new ways of engaging around the sports they love
- A deep understanding of the components of compelling and engaging communications
- Passion and belief in the power of analytics to drive better decision making and to assist our team being where our audiences want us to be
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Not from the city? No problem! Rogers invites candidates to apply no matter where you are located as you may be able to work remotely.
Schedule: Full time
Job Segment: Social Media, Content Strategy, Media, Network, Manager, Marketing, Technology, Management
Toronto, ON, Canada