Capilano University is an undergraduate-focused, public, coeducational, teaching-intensive university located in the District of North . . .
The Library is a learning-centred academic service supporting the aspirations of our diverse communities. As a member of the Library team, you will be instrumental in supporting this through partnering with others to co-create a distinct university experience; encouraging collaboration; helping our community access, evaluate, create and share knowledge; fostering respect of knowledge creators, multiple knowledge systems or diverse types of knowledge; creating spaces that support a diversity of learning and wellness needs. You will be primarily responsible for supervising the work of Technical Services staff, ordering and/or cataloguing library collection materials, and developing and implementing departmental policies and procedures. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build our learning-centred academic service and exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented colleagues, an engaged community and an impactful executive team.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
What you'll do
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Technical Services Department, including supervising and training staff in acquisitions, cataloguing and processing of materials; planning and scheduling the work flow; assigning, prioritizing and checking work assignments; and supporting the Administrator in the goal setting and performance management processes for Technical Services staff.
- Works with the UL and appropriate librarians on departmental policies, and is responsible for leading the procedures, and work methods of Technical Services staff to meet library requirements and the needs of Library users.
- Consults with the Metadata and Systems Librarian, the Collections Librarian, and other Librarians and staff as necessary in day-to-day activities.
- Provides input as required on capital and operating budgets and participates on Library planning and implementation teams.
What you'll bring
- Completion of a Library Technician diploma from a recognized institution.
- Three years of library experience including minimum two years of supervisory experience.
For more information
For more information, please see the complete job description.
North Vancouver, BC, Canada