We Are Hiring!
Join the Rodan team – a great place to work in an exciting and innovative industry! That’s why we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers. With a strong base of loyal customers and having grown to over 80 staff in Canada, at a double-digit growth rate, we’re looking to accelerate our growth and further expand our operations. It’s an exciting time to be part of the team.
Rodan Energy is a leading North American energy management company delivering innovative solutions to large commercial and industrial energy users, as well as power distribution and generation companies. Our expertise in distributed energy and energy intelligence allows our customers to reduce energy costs, enhance power system reliability and help develop a sustainable energy future.
Rodan has a full-time opportunity for a Technical Specialist to join our Calgary-based team. Reporting to the Senior Technical Specialist, this client facing, roll up the sleeves role supports the field operations function in Western Canada.
- Supporting the development and delivery of metering system and energy management related projects and programs
- Managing administrative and operational aspects of metering system maintenance programs, including both off and on-site support to field personnel
- Client needs analysis, developing technical project scope, pricing, preparing and presenting maintenance program quotes, specifying and purchasing equipment, completing system design and oversight of installation and commissioning activities
- Testing and programming of meters, modems and auxiliary devices
- Maintaining equipment inventory (includes shipping and receiving)
- Manage all aspects of the meter exchanges, meter configuration, testing and sealing
- Ensuring Health and Safety compliance
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree from an accredited college or university in a related technical field, e.g. Electronics/Electrical Engineer/Technologist, Metering Technician, Utility Distribution Foreman/Lineman
- 3+ years work experience, including utility metering system regulations and practices, commercial/industrial electrical installations, metering concepts, principles and typical installations
- Experience with data acquisition technologies and protocols
- Proficient with MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Visio; Experience in AutoCad, ION Enterprise and ION Setup is ideal
- Knowledge of applicable provincial Health and Safety standards, i.e. OHS, Alberta Electric Utilities Code, WHMIS, CPR and First Aid
- Familiar with the latest provincial energy programs, technologies and work management systems as it relates to metering
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with staff and clients (some remote)
- Valid Class ‘5’ Alberta driver’s license, driver’s insurance and an excellent driving record
- Regard for personal and public safety and demonstrated safe working habits
- Motivated self-starter who can learn new concepts quickly and independently
- Rodan offers a highly competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rodan Energy Solutions