In this position, as a Trainee Territory Sales Manager, you’ll be placed into an intensive 6-month hands-on training program where you will work with and learn from one of our sales teams. This program is designed to educate you on our business, our customers and the skills and processes required to become a successful Territory Sales Manager. Upon completion of your training, you will then enter a Sales Practicum period of 1 to 3 months. Here you will be given the opportunity to put your training to practice while still supported by your sales coach and team. Upon completion of this structured training program you will then be qualified to be a Territory Sales Manager and have the opportunity to manage a multi-million-dollar territory.
- As a result of this Trainee program you will become competent in the following:
- Territory Management: Prospecting & Developing Business, Planning & Pipeline Management
- Selling Skills: Call Preparation, Relationship Building, Building Rapport, Identifying Needs, Delivering Value & Gaining Commitment
- Procedures & Processes: Deal Management Auction Operations & Customer Service
- Equipment & Sector Knowledge: Heavy Equipment Knowledge, Maximizing Equipment Values, Market Knowledge.
- 1 to 5 years in a structured sales role, and a consistent track-record of meeting & exceeding quotas
- You have a strong learning ability, coupled with a desire to learn more about everything around you
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your sense of humor or ability to have fun on the job
- The ability to travel 1 to 2 days per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week a few times per year to attend auctions and training
- You will have to maintain a valid, clean driver’s license
- It helps if you have experience around heavy equipment
- Strong communication skills, especially when it comes to listening
- A head for numbers, and the ability to make sound decisions quickly in a fast-paced setting
- You’re competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to win business
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships.
- You will be required to work outside for extended periods in all types of weather
- You will be required to climb on top of and under large construction equipment
- You will most likely be required to relocate. A requirement of the program is to relocate if a territory in the region in which you are trained is not available therefore being mobile is essential.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the world, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we’ll make sure we help you achieve your own goals along the way. We offer our Trainee Territory Sales Managers a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary throughout training
- Comprehensive medical & dental benefits
- RRSP & employee share purchase plan, both with company matching
- Ongoing sales training and professional development
- A tuition reimbursement program
- Unlimited potential and growth with a Global company.
Edmonton, AB, Canada